Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTCC 2015  (Read 16041 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 07:48:55 »

The summer break is over, BTCC is back today. Races at 12, 2:30 and 5ish on ITV4!

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 08:15:10 »

Looking forward to watching this today, looks really close after qualifying. One second covering 13 cars!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 08:19:30 »

Yup, it was a close one! the four BMR cars have a new livery, which are the same main sponsor and colour as the Team HARD Avensis... Hmmm...

Jordan has a chrome car for this weekend too, looks pretty cool to be fair!

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:20:04 »

Its the BTCC finale this weekend... the season has gone so quickly! Sad

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 17:01:34 »

What a drive by Gordon Shedden in the last race to win the title!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 17:18:59 »

Agree, great drive, but...

I feel the final race made a little bit of a mockery of the title when a lot of the drivers were letting him through, even indicating that they were pulling over at one point.  It's a shame, there was no need for it, but fair play to Shedden, totally deserved..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 22:24:43 »

Plato did exactly the same for Andrew Jordan 2 years back when the latter won the title in his Honda...

You've also got to remember that Plato is a complete fucking cunt, and half of those drivers who moved over have been punted off by the Oxford-based 'Newcastle lad' in the past, James Cole being the latest recipient of Plato's Patented Push to Pass (tm) manoeuvre just 2 weeks ago at Silverstone, Cole being the first car to give Shedds a clean pass. The title is won over 30 races, not just 1...

Did you see either of Plato's anti-team interviews? The first one he accused the team of not supporting him, his 'non-championship fighting' teammate (Aron Smith) having finished in front of him and Turkington, apparently not receiving the message to let them past in the first race. Then, post-race 2, having another pop at Smith for not allowing him through sooner, saying that Smith had just got himself sacked from the team with his actions. He really is a grade A cunt...

If you can catch the replay of the Clios, do so, that was an epic race!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 09:10:02 »

I am talking about making a mockery of the title in general, from a neutral standpoint, I don't care about what Plato did in the past, it de-values the competition.

Plato is a cunt, in your opinion.  Plato is not the only driver to use Push to pass, Matt Neal, Rob Collard to name a couple of others that regularly use it.  In fact the worse one I saw yesterday was Shedden on Menu in Race 3 where he "Pushed"(Slammed) him twice to get passed only to be halted by the safety car, but in the end those "pushes" resulted in a rear tyre puncture.  The title came down to that last race and it was a shame that apart from witnessing great driving from Shedden the final race was a bit farcical.

If you put aside your hatred for Plato for a minute you might get where I am coming from.  By the way, I am a Shedden and Morgan fan..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 11:07:43 »

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/10/11/jason-plato-id-have-more-points-if-others-played-the-game/

That interview was given to the media. He owns a marketing company, he knows how he should present himself, he knows how to play the game, but his actions yesterday were disgusting.

I watched the race again this morning, and saw 2 cars give him an easy ride, Cole and Jordan. Priaulx tries to overtake him again when he was battling with Collard... He only catches up with Morgan and the other two because Neal got stuck in, battling them and slowing them down.

Plato's push to pass on Shedds was worse than his on Menu, they're direct title rivals and it should've been a clean fight, but the first chance he got he punted him up the arse into druids, then punts him again into Surtees. Also, at the start of race 1 Plato hits Shedden's rear quarter as they're decending Paddock Hill, an obvious attempt to unsettle the Civic and spin him out. Shedden didn't hit Plato once.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 12:11:15 »

I don't see what Plato says has anything to do with the racing and the fact that the final race turned into a bit of a farce.

Your argument is because Plato did it before it is ok, which is a slippery slope for the series if that is the way it is going.  As I said, apart from Shedden's drive, Race 3 was a bit of a joke and a sad way to end the season.  I want to see teams/drivers racing, not indicating, pulling over and letting people through.  You sound like you are too hung up on your hatred for Plato to see an alternative opinion to yours.

IMO BTTC is the best form of car racing to watch, Push to pass is used by most of the field and as long as it doesn't go too far is part of the spectacle that makes it great to watch.  The final race should have been an epic, but was completely ruined by half the field not bothering to race or defend, even if I was glad with the result in the end.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 12:33:14 »

Thats rubbing and rubbing is racing....

Stopped watching BTCC years ago, but prior to that part of the reason I got disillusioned was the fact that Matt Neal seemed to constantly force people off the track and it just got boring...

However it is considerably more interesting than watching Lewis Hamilton touring round in a car that is obviously 20x better than anything else on the grid and then whinging and whining if the race doesn't go his way. He is not the best driver in the world and a successor to Senna (in his dreams), he is on balance just the marginally better driver at Mercedes!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 17:38:54 »

Thats rubbing and rubbing is racing....

Stopped watching BTCC years ago, but prior to that part of the reason I got disillusioned was the fact that Matt Neal seemed to constantly force people off the track and it just got boring...

However it is considerably more interesting than watching Lewis Hamilton touring round in a car that is obviously 20x better than anything else on the grid and then whinging and whining if the race doesn't go his way. He is not the best driver in the world and a successor to Senna (in his dreams), he is on balance just the marginally better driver at Mercedes!

Agree with all of this.  Oh and Matt Neal is the one driver that I really cannot stand on the BTTC grid.  Everybody seems to take issue with Plato (probably because of the success that he has had) but Neale has been just as guilty as Plato over the years but never seems to get the same level of vitriol.

Part of the reason for my point on yesterday's race 3 is because I don't want to end up like you and losing interest.  Most of the races have been very good this year, but ultimately the title did come down to that last race and I wanted to see a no holds barred racing conclusion, but instead I saw a race that came down to mirror, signal manoeuvre which is a huge shame. 

I agree with Leggett's point that a championship is won over 30 races and not one, but if after 29 races you are down to 2 contenders that have put themselves in a position to win it, it deserves to be raced for not manufactured. I get team orders, but when over 50% of a grid conspire to decide the outcome of a championship (because they don't like one of the contenders) it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and devalues the whole sport.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 21:13:33 »

Lets agree to disagree on the way race 3 went down... One car signalled, one car obviously moved over. A heap more actually raced Shedden.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 05:56:09 »

I know precisely nothing about BTCC, but it sounds as if a bit of stewarding and some tightening of the rules might have sorted out your tiff.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 08:18:44 »

It was a debate, that's all.  Leggett loves me really...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: