Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Matchday Thread  (Read 53058 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:19:02 »

Nope. Luongo will definitely be going at the end of the season. That is a fact. Nailed on.

Maybe in a FACT! way, yes, but pen has yet to be put to paper.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:29:17 »

Well.....what a let down.

I watched first 35 minutes on the box before going to the wedding.

Fucked me off that Cunty Cotterill was picked as a pundit...WTF?! Neutral? He wouldn't give us the steam off his piss!!

I thought 2:2 at halftime would of been good for us as it was a pen to me.

The shit news texts came through thick and fast just before the bride arrived.

Losing to MK is up there with City and the Pox....odious club.....so I wasn't happy...

My best man speech crashed and burned to top it off.....but got pissed and danced the night away to ease the pain.

The evening guests that were actually there said they were disappointed with the substitutions and defending?!

So.....the play off reality has finally been hammered home.maybe for the best!

Saw the Cooper push clip....haven't read back but I hope we haven't turned into Bitchy city fans....if we had won 3:0 nobody would of cared much.Banned or not.... Lewington will always be Ginger....

In Belfast for the City game......I'm crossing everything that we put in a shift..

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:40:50 »

Saw the Cooper push clip....haven't read back but I hope we haven't turned into Bitchy city fans....if we had won 3:0 nobody would of cared much.Banned or not.... Lewington will always be Ginger....

Cooper's after match reaction, which is on a clip on Linksport, is spot on....he just accepts it's handbags, then says he should get down the gym more...in fact the whole thing, is an impressive reaction to disappointment.

You're right though about the importance of not turning into 82ers style fans....shame that Nathan will be missing on Tuesday, but it would be good if we can remind them about him and do "the Thompson".
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:53:33 »

I don't think anyone gives a shit about the Lewington incident to be fair, well I certainly don't anyway. Yes he should have been sent off but even if he had it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome of the game.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:53:59 »

Maybe in a FACT! way, yes, but pen has yet to be put to paper.

Cooper categorically said Luongo is definitely going whether we go up or not.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:55:49 »

I would have thought it's pretty obvious that the loan boys will be off as well, other than Toffolo perhaps who we might be able to sign. I hope we do.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 12:33:11 »

As did Power.

But pen has yet to be put to paper.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 16:33:48 »

After being worried about the in and outs last summer, I'm not concerned at the state of the team if we don't go up. We get plenty of plaudits, prem sides will be wanting to give their youth players to us. Also we have longer this summer than last to sign new players as hopefully we don't have a court case hanging over our heads.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 17:56:33 »

Yep, i heard the same statement from Cooper at the sponsors dinner, he's offski..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 18:30:00 »

Cooper has done brilliantly this season and I rate him highly. HOWEVER, where he has gone fundamentally wrong (in my humble opinion) is in making too many unforced changes to the starting XI.

The team below played week in, week out over and over again for Ardiles, so much so that it is still etched on my memory now. OK, we got a little bit lucky in terms of injuries and suspensions and I suspect Foley was getting pumped full of Cortisone before every game just to get him through. Even so...

1990 Play Off winning Team
Digby, Kerslake, Bodin, McLouglin, Calderwood, Gittens, Jones, Shearer, White, McLaren, Foley

And look at the '93 play off winning team...
Digby, Kerslake/Summerbee, Bodin, Hoddle, Calderwood, Taylor, Moncur, McLaren, Mitchell, Ling, Maskell

Not quite as settled as the '90 team but not far off. The main change would have been Kerslake going on deadline day and being replaced by Summerbee. Hazard and White played a fair few games as well and McLaren missed a fair bit of the season but once he was fit, he was a fixture in the side. Overall though, it was a pretty settled side.

And the the '10 team (yes we lost in the Final but were easily good enough to have won the play offs. God knows what went wrong)...

Lucas, Amankwah, Sheehan, Greer, Jean-Francois, McGovern, Ferry, Douglas, Ward, Austin, Paynter.

The point is, those teams largely picked themselves and that's what you need for a successful tilt at promotion. We've not been close to that this season.

Can't disagree with a word of that. So, I would argue Cooper needs to pick his best 11, regardless. To me that is: Foderingham, Stephens, Thompson, Turnbull, Byrne, Toffolo, Kasim, Luongo, Swift, Williams, Smith.

There is an argument to play Gladwin over Swift, but the rest just pick themselves.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 18:37:30 »

Can't disagree with a word of that. So, I would argue Cooper needs to pick his best 11, regardless. To me that is: Foderingham, Stephens, Thompson, Turnbull, Byrne, Toffolo, Kasim, Luongo, Swift, Williams, Smith.

There is an argument to play Gladwin over Swift, but the rest just pick themselves.

I'd definitely take that as our best XI. But I'd say that Gladwin and Obika should come on every game at about 55-60 minutes if we're not leading.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 19:01:47 »

V U
I'd definitely take that as our best XI. But I'd say that Gladwin and Obika should come on every game at about 55-60 minutes if we're not leading.

I have no probs with tactical subs at all.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 20:07:59 »

I'd also agree with that starting 11
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #313 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 20:56:28 »

I would pick gladwin over Byrne but otherwise OK.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 21:32:27 »

I would pick gladwin over Byrne but otherwise OK.
Same here.  I'm obviously in the minority, but I think Byrne is vastly overrated.  He's been pretty poor for months now imo.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: