Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Matchday Thread  (Read 53447 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:36:10 »

If Nathan B could improve his distribution/awareness, he would be lethal at this level.  Still one of our best players with the ball at his feet.  He will lose some pace as he gets older, so will need to improve his passing game if he still wants to be playing serious football in his 30s.  Which I think he will.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:38:25 »

Where's our width going forward going to come from if we play 4 at the back though? We've got a lot of midfielder and forwards, all of them naturally play central though.

The way we play is built on out-numbering the opposition in the central of the field, then at least creating 1 v 1 in the wider areas, higher up the pitch. Four at the back removes one of the midfielders and so removes much of that domination. 3-5-2 and 3-5-1-1, gives us the ability to make the pitch really big on the attack but keep the spaces between players small - for the attack and the prevention of the counter attack.

A 442 diamond would be almost possible with what we have now as the forwards create the width in the top end of the field but our current shape suits what we are trying to do well.

It is understandable after a defeat to think about changing it, but it doesn't make the system wrong, just as a win doesn't make it right.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:38:40 »

Byrne has some great feet on the dancefloor too, he had a dance off with Ralphy after the sponsors dinner in this bar we were in Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:53:33 »

The way we play is built on out-numbering the opposition in the central of the field, then at least creating 1 v 1 in the wider areas, higher up the pitch. Four at the back removes one of the midfielders and so removes much of that domination. 3-5-2 and 3-5-1-1, gives us the ability to make the pitch really big on the attack but keep the spaces between players small - for the attack and the prevention of the counter attack.

A 442 diamond would be almost possible with what we have now as the forwards create the width in the top end of the field but our current shape suits what we are trying to do well.

It is understandable after a defeat to think about changing it, but it doesn't make the system wrong, just as a win doesn't make it right.
A defeat doesn't make it wrong - Got it.
A win doesn't make it right - Check.

So is the system wrong...or right??
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:55:34 »

Reading the comments on here, it sounded like we started in a formation that was defensive? I thought Cooper was going all out from now on? Or did I dream that comment?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:57:15 »

A defeat doesn't make it wrong - Got it.
A win doesn't make it right - Check.

So is the system wrong...or right??
Performances over time prove a system. Individual games don't.
Oh and by system I'm talking about more than just the formation. It includes the whole style of play.
kerry red

« Reply #231 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:58:51 »

Everything seems subdued now compared to the first half of the season - the players, the actual play and the fans.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:59:03 »

Reading the comments on here, it sounded like we started in a formation that was defensive? I thought Cooper was going all out from now on? Or did I dream that comment?

You're not even an armchair fan now?

Did your hubcaps need polishing?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 18:01:02 »

No couldn't watch the game today as at a family do.

Who needs sky when I have the TEF?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 18:10:26 »

Just booked a hotel in Sheffield for the 7th. £46 quid for two people, free cancellation. Job done if we play either the Blades or Chesterfield in the POs.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 19:56:11 »

A woefully negative line up which didn't restrict franchise who should have been out of sight by half time.

I hope we get the fuckers at Wembley.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 19:58:25 »

Posting this before I hit the red wine.
Driving back today, the same old road, the same scenery it was time to reflect.
Over half my life gone now and most of it has been watching Swindon in this division. Realised that I took the good times for granted, late 80's and early 90's. Today i felt sorry for both my lads, forcing them to watch Swindon. The same kick in the balls, the pain, anger and disappointment, you get used to it.

Then the positive pick me up thoughts kicked in. The laughs, the friends and the adventures that simply would not have happened or been as significant when following Swindon.
I spent the last week in the North East. What was particularly special was mingling in with Newcastle and Sunderland supporters and the respect they had for supporters who follow a lower league club.

That hurt today, it really did but I will be at Bristol City Tuesday, I have already bought the Preston train and match day tickets.
I fucking love STFC. Have made countless sacrifices and nobody takes away the memories.
Yes sure I could watch a successful club from the comfort of my arm chair but no way would I have it any other way.
Bound to be more set backs and dare still to believe that one day, just one day I will watch Swindon in s higher division. Until then it's business as usual.
Swindon til I die. Probably will be the death of me but it still means everything to me and I will continue to come back for more.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:05:14 »

I'm undecided of whether we are blessed or cursed having seen the good years. Maybe our kids are better off having never seen it yet, because personally the Championship is like the bloody ring from lord of the rings to me, and I even look a bit like Gollum. My precious, must have my precious.

One attitude I don't subscribe to, "we've done well this season, even if we don't go up". We get very very few chances to exit this league in the right direction, and to me that's defeatist talk. We need to fight with every last ounce of energy until its done, or not done. Either way now is not the time to reflect.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #238 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:17:35 »

Batch now may be a good time to reflect as I'm still feeling shit after a really negative line up and very ineffective performance. We have progressed massively this season with several players having decent sale values. The off the pitch stuff seems to be settling down. The football has been excellent for most of the season and a play off place is good. Today was shire and we were beaten by a team who were more organised, wanted it more and always seemed to have more players on the pitch as well as some decent players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:19:45 »

Reflect on the game, yes, but not give up on the season as a jolly nice ride.

I'm sick to death with "ooh didn't we do well, never mind maybe next season". I want it now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: