Poll
Question: How many Town games have you attended this season?
None - 15 (13.6%)
1-5 - 25 (22.7%)
6-15 - 22 (20%)
16-25 - 35 (31.8%)
>25 - 13 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More TEF navel-gazing  (Read 17476 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:39:39 »

I'm in Wales, and have done 7 home, and three away (Orient, Cheltenham (easy for me) and Coventry)
Whereabouts in Wales RWB?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:43:32 »

All home (except Col U), Orient away, live in Covingham. Was surprised to see that quite a proportion of TEFers don't get to many games but quite nice to see that the interest is maintained by forums such as this.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:50:03 »

Yes it does. Temporarily at least.

I'm on a big fat zero myself, and only went to two matches last season (I think). Much prefer to spend my free time with the kids (and wife) these days, and also prefer to spend my money on them too.

I'll be back once the kids are old enough to enjoy a match.

Same as. Apart from our Saturday's consist of each child swimming, and a ballet lesson thrown in. Don't have the time or money.

As for Hertha, you love me really x

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:13:29 »

Grand total of 3 so far, 4 if you include Supermarine!! But will do more

Born n bread in the Midlands but Dad (living in Newbury)
took me to my first Town game at age of 9 for something to do when visiting him. Calderwood scored from the half way line and that was me converted.

Been to loads of games n love the 200 mile home game round trip  Beers and fucking hate the Villa  Yes

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:16:16 »

Same as. Apart from our Saturday's consist of each child swimming, and a ballet lesson thrown in. Don't have the time or money.

As for Hertha, you love me really x

Well drop the ballet lessons Billy fucking Elliott. It'll never pay for the kids' swimming.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:18:29 »

Not me you fucking muppet. It's the little girl.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:23:18 »

Not me you fucking muppet. It's the little girl.

Well there's me comprehensively whooshed Nureyev.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:30:00 »

Born Swindon, live in the wilds of Purton.

TE season ticket, so most home games, plus Brighton in the cup.

Finances and family commitments mean only a couple of away games per season nowadays. Went to Yeovil this season and will be going to the Slavers. Hopefully PNE too.

Once upon a time I managed a couple of seasons of seeing every home and away game, plus trips to Holland and Finland. Pre-wife, pre-kids, pre-mortgage...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 20:07:20 »

All home games except a couple of early JPT ties, but I live in Swindon and am a season ticket holder.

No away games this season due to the expense and distance of most of them.  My oldest son has a season ticket, but my other two children don't, so unfair on them if I was gone every Saturday.   Add to that mine and my dad's absolutely dire away record and it's best we don't travel!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 21:46:11 »

born Surrey, grew up in West Berks, did London and back to Surrey

Averaging about 10 games a season for 50 years

Always look to TEF first as the 80% bollox quota is lower than most organs
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 22:27:05 »

Whereabouts in Wales RWB?

Between Brecon and Hay on Wye.....
Panda Paws

« Reply #56 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 22:41:32 »

Used to be home and away, week in, week out but now, lucky to get to five games a season.

Living in London, working weekends, a fiance/wedding to pay for and a horrible, northern-dominated fixture list doesn't really lend itself to watching many more.

alex98uk

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 06:37:07 »

Just one, unfortunately.

Went to my first game in 1958, and averaged 20+ home games a season since then, apart from the seasons I was playing in the local leagues. Followed the Town to over 50 different away grounds too (including Naples for the Anglo-Italian final). The same as a lot of short- and long-term fans on this forum, some great memories  Smiley

Since I moved to Munich 15 years ago it's been once or twice a season. This year it was the game against Preston. If we have to go to Wembley again I may come over for that.

I'll be watching the next two games in a new bar here called The Keg, probably the only Town fan  Crying

Ha, not quite the only one. I thought I was the only Town supporter out here in Munich! Been here since mid 2013.

The Keg is owned by my mate Harit, really good guy and into his sports, especially Aussie stuff. I'll be using the Keg to replace Kennedies as my main football watching pub, so maybe see you there one night!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 09:03:25 »

Between Brecon and Hay on Wye.....
I think you must be the guy who works in my missus' school. If so thanks for the programmes!! If not you won't have a clue what I'm talking about!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 10:28:03 »

As one in the 16+ bracket - all bar one at home and a few aways, I know I wouldn't make half the amount if I didn't have a season ticket.

And it's quite a sad indictment of the high match day prices that many on this thread would clearly attend more if it was more affordable, the family ones in particular are prohibitive.

Speaking of which, today is the last day for existing season ticket holders to renew seats...I need to get 1 adult plus 2 kids, I'd like to make it 3 kids and bump the numbers up...here's how the pricing works:

1+1 = £530
1+2 = £540
1+3 = £675

Not much of an incentive is it!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: