Poll
Question: How many Town games have you attended this season?
None - 15 (13.6%)
1-5 - 25 (22.7%)
6-15 - 22 (20%)
16-25 - 35 (31.8%)
>25 - 13 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More TEF navel-gazing  (Read 17453 times)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:02:15 »

Nowhere as many as I would like to, for personal reasons. My friends, family, internet and this forum are brilliant at keeping me informed but it's no substitute for being there.

I hope to make 1 or 2 more games before the end of season, but it looks like Franchise and Shitty games will be watched on tv.

Born and brought up in Old Town, now live in West Swindon.
thompske

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:12:16 »

Shift work has limited my attendance, season ticket not been used to best extent this season. Started watching when son attended the soccer camps 10 years season ticket holders now, possibly the last as he is of to uni in September.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:22:07 »

My, what a lovely navel I have.

Been to four games this season, all the glamour ties: Colchester, Port Vale and Chesterfield plus Luton away. Should get that up to 7 by the end of the season.

Plenty of excuses but none that couldn't have been overcome if I was desperate to go.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:41:18 »

My, what a lovely navel I have.

Been to four games this season, all the glamour ties: Colchester, Port Vale and Chesterfield plus Luton away. Should get that up to 7 by the end of the season.

Plenty of excuses but none that couldn't have been overcome if I was desperate to go.

Do you have a bejewelled piercing?   I was chatting to some young things t'other day, who wanted to tell me about their vajazzling....you learn something everyday.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:44:23 »

I live in the town centre and I've been to most home games + Cheltenham. Think I missed one game when my son was born, another for my nephew's first birthday and a 3 - 0 home win to take my mrs to a baby shower.

That's the most home games I've missed in a season since Dennis Wise was here.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:46:01 »

Brighton in the cup, Port Vale at home, Gillingham at home... I think that's it, it's the only 3 I can remember. If you're including pre-season I also did Southampton/Leeds at home & Eastleigh away.

Gone are the days of 40+ games a season. The excitement just isn't there anymore.  Zzz

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:53:25 »

Live in London, ST holder but missed a handful of games due to other comitments (weddings, family illness etc). Can't be bothered counting but think I'm in the 16-25 category.

I went to the pre-season friendly at Feltham as well as Luton and Crewe away so I think I sneak into this category!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:04:06 »

The grand total of 1 (Fleetwood away) although in my defence I do live in Lancaster!

Would normally get to Preston away, but due to my ability to make the team play shit (I haven't witnessed a win for c.4 years) I will take one for the team and give that a miss thus year!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:05:27 »

Just snuck into the 16-25 category and will be solidly in it by the end of the year. The six match card has helped, along with a belief in what Power, Cooper and Williams are trying to do here. That, and the lovely football we've played at times, too. That is the most games I've attended in one season for years.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Wills1

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:07:24 »

My son and I have done all but 2 home games plus 7 away games.
Born in Swindon but now live near Northampton. Every game apart from MK is an away game !!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:11:06 »

Due to shift work,lack of money and a lack of interest.Although that 1 game made me think I'd like to go more often but im working every home game  for the rest of the season

/
W56196272
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:19:48 »

Just one, unfortunately.

Went to my first game in 1958, and averaged 20+ home games a season since then, apart from the seasons I was playing in the local leagues. Followed the Town to over 50 different away grounds too (including Naples for the Anglo-Italian final). The same as a lot of short- and long-term fans on this forum, some great memories  Smiley

Since I moved to Munich 15 years ago it's been once or twice a season. This year it was the game against Preston. If we have to go to Wembley again I may come over for that.

I'll be watching the next two games in a new bar here called The Keg, probably the only Town fan  Crying
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 11:34:56 by Munichred » Logged
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:26:20 »

4. Walsall away, Port Vale, Chesterfield and Barnsley home. All because of the 6 match ticket I got for Christmas. Had saved the remainder for the bigger games (was thinking MK, Yeovil and Orient) but am now away for Orient game and missus reckons I can't do Yeovil because I'll be needed for sound check for a gig. Still working on that one.

I was previously a season ticket holder for 6 years (coming from Melksham) but had to pack it in when I started my PGCE due to cost & time.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:28:48 by ibelieveinmrreeves » Logged

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:38:29 »

Chipping norton in shithole county.

16-25 due to having season ticket.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 10:02:38 »

25+

Every competitive home game and a good few away games: Yeovil, Orient, Walsall, Port Vale, Sheffield United, Cheltenham and Newport.

Luckily I have a very tolerant missus of it all and a job that has an element of flexi-time.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: