Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Franchise on TV.  (Read 66536 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 16:36:02 »

Might get some and sell them Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 17:27:22 »

I'll be in Devon on a break. If my caravan hasn't blown over and killed me by then I'll seek out a pub that will have it on. I'd have watched it on tv anyway had I been in Swindon mind.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:18:27 »

At least one of those is a town fan.

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:35:00 »

I'll be in Devon on a break. If my caravan hasn't blown over and killed me by then I'll seek out a pub that will have it on. I'd have watched it on tv anyway had I been in Swindon mind.

Have you stopped going, bit of a shame if so.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:37:12 »

Not a criticism labelled at anyone but it seems as if there's quite a high proportion of people on here who don't go to games, mainly due to living far away. I would have thought the 'diehards' are on here or is it because these are the people who want to hear about STFC due to not being able to watch them?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 20:20:11 »

Not a criticism labelled at anyone but it seems as if there's quite a high proportion of people on here who don't go to games, mainly due to living far away. I would have thought the 'diehards' are on here or is it because these are the people who want to hear about STFC due to not being able to watch them?

For the size of Town, catchment area, no competition from local clubs and the fact that where we are in the League our support is poor.
May upset some but this is my opinion. Have to question even if we did reach the Championshop whether we could sustain an average Championship side, I sadly would question that.
My thoughts though are honourable. STFC is an important part of my life and would love to see average crowds up a few thousand.
One thing for sure the players and management deserve to be playing in front of bigger crowds.
Looking forward to Saturday. Put Swindon on the map wherever I go and never want to disappoint, just love my Club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 20:57:32 »

The TEF, which is past its 10th birthday...has never been a home to many who go to games on a regular basis....  but there has always been a few who do.

Hence it's never really been a proper football forum...the bollocks quota seeing to that.

Of those that don't go...for some it's obviously distance, for some it's because of cost, for some it's because they don't like the manager/owner/ goal music/players.   Then there are those that used to go as lads, then get their balls chopped off by a missus/partner etc.

Mostly, they feel like Town fans, so want to keep in touch.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 21:01:09 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 06:14:47 »

The TEF, which is past its 10th birthday...has never been a home to many who go to games on a regular basis....  but there has always been a few who do.

Hence it's never really been a proper football forum...the bollocks quota seeing to that.

Of those that don't go...for some it's obviously distance, for some it's because of cost, for some it's because they don't like the manager/owner/ goal music/players.   Then there are those that used to go as lads, then get their balls chopped off by a missus/partner etc.

Mostly, they feel like Town fans, so want to keep in touch.

Thanks Reg.

So, we've learnt two things...

1. This is not a 'proper' football forum (I would love to know what exactly constitutes a 'proper' football forum)

2. I am not actually a Town fan, I just 'feel' like one.

Nice.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 06:20:27 »

Perhaps we should rename it as the Touchy & Emotional Forum.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 06:25:20 »

Perhaps we should rename it as the Touchy & Emotional Forum.

No. I was just commenting on what Reg posted. I believe that's how this thing works.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:35:52 »

Half tempted to go to this one, saw it was on the box... decision time!  Pint

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:36:39 »

Cheesy

And i want to see a video of a ritual burning of the ticket in the car park Wink
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:41:08 »

Should hopefully be a cracking atmosphere for this one, with both teams aware that Preston have slipped a little so 2nd place is wide open.
Jay box sorting out some stuff too pre match I believe

Hoping for a fuller town end
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 08:54:15 »

Thanks Reg.

So, we've learnt two things...

1. This is not a 'proper' football forum (I would love to know what exactly constitutes a 'proper' football forum)

2. I am not actually a Town fan, I just 'feel' like one.

Nice.

On some fora, it's like an extension of football manager, goons droning on about this player's pass ratio, that player's ability to find pockets of space.....endless drivel about formations etc.  Fair enough some people like this sort of shit...and there's room for a bit of it, but too much overwhelms the important stuff. The important stuff like manatees, and how the baby club is getting on.

I would posit that, as to whether you "are" or "feel" a fan is a metaphysical question....perhaps Utter Kant, could give us an answer.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 10:49:34 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 09:11:11 »

We should put a mural of fans in front of the Stratton bank similar to when Arsenal built their clock end at Highbury. That would give the illusion of the CG being fuller that it was.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: