Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Employee Tracking/Monitoring  (Read 2445 times)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 19:42:27 »

Does anyone have a handle on the legalities of your employer tracking and monitoring your movements during the working day while off site/working remotely if you have a company iPhone/iPad?

My mate tells me that he has heard legislation changes in April allowing a company to continuously monitor you in real time while off site without having to notify you if you are in receipt of any company owned electronic devices etc.

I know he's as straight as a die and indeed is one of his co's top sales execs but has a real issue with being tracked and monitored.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 20:01:34 »

Already being used quite widely using idle state monitoring of company laptops - if you use lotus notes with same time you generally cannot stop it automatically going into standby - if it is in standby for most of the day your boss can already see what a lazy guy you are... That's why I purchased one if these to press the escape key every 2 minutes...

DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 20:47:18 »

Part and parcel for most I'd have thought.

That said, I'm supposed to give my MD a monthly update on what my lads get up to - he never asks and I never check. If they're doing their numbers and not bringing the company in to blatant disrepute then who cares?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 20:55:28 »

Someone got something to hide?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 21:23:24 »

Even to the crapper?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 23:19:31 »

Already being used quite widely using idle state monitoring of company laptops - if you use lotus notes with same time you generally cannot stop it automatically going into standby - if it is in standby for most of the day your boss can already see what a lazy guy you are... That's why I purchased one if these to press the escape key every 2 minutes...

BUT THINK OF WHAT HAPPENED TO HOMER.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 06:25:20 »

Someone got something to hide?!

That old tired chestnut.....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 12:06:39 »

I had a delivery from DPD this morning, I could have a live google map of where the driver was and his eta, was Interesting and useful, but damn scary really. 1 minute after delivery the map went blank and said I'd signed for it. All this stuff will end in tears...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 12:35:28 »

I had a delivery from DPD this morning, I could have a live google map of where the driver was and his eta, was Interesting and useful, but damn scary really. 1 minute after delivery the map went blank and said I'd signed for it. All this stuff will end in tears...

One of the jobs I had one summer, when I was working my way through Uni, was with ANC (the courier, not the South African political organisation). What made it such a great job was the fact that, if I put myself out and rushed through my deliveries in the morning, I could park up after lunch and doss for a few hours before heading back to the depot.
How long before we've all got a GPS chip implanted in us?

I fear technology and the modern world......

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: