Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barn Door Billy  (Read 7770 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:31:51 »

oh come on he was good for a season for us, at a stretch a season and a half. and his stats would only be 'fair' if he wasn't on penalty duty

Don't give me that, he was good for all three season. First two he played second fiddle to Simon Cox but was the perfect partner for him and they were lethal together. Proper old fashioned strike partnership...

...and as mentioned penalties don't score themselves.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:39:04 »

Don't give me that, he was good for all three season. First two he played second fiddle to Simon Cox but was the perfect partner for him and they were lethal together. Proper old fashioned strike partnership...

...and as mentioned penalties don't score themselves.

Yep....Billy weighs in at number 18, in our list of all time league goalscorers,  a decent achievement.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:43:47 »

Leeds fans gave him that nickname as he was utter gash for them

That name was branded about a fair bit hear in his first season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:44:32 »

Billy weighs in at 18.

Stone, judging by the last photo that surfaced.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:44:53 »

Don't give me that, he was good for all three season

I disagree, so there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:46:16 »

Stone, judging by the last photo that surfaced.

Smiley

I suspect Billy might go a bit Steve Bruce, when he finishes playing.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:46:45 »

Was it not that dodgy Spanish outfit that were supposed to be buying us out (I forget their name) that signed him. The consortium 'with more money than you can throw a stick at' (What a silly phrase that is).

Paul Sturrock was the manager at the time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:49:32 »

Was it not that dodgy Spanish outfit that were supposed to be buying us out (I forget their name) that signed him. The consortium 'with more money than you can throw a stick at' (What a silly phrase that is).

Best Holdings, Jim Little, Rufus Brevett,  Jose Veiga, the three Amigos, good god, flashbacks man flashbacks.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:50:32 »

Best holdings, that's the badger.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:51:27 »

Bullett......... well and truly dodged.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:52:36 »

The throwing a stick at comment was Terry Brady, Colin Todd time I think. It's so sad that there have been that many chancer buffoons flirt with this club that we can't keep track of who said what.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:52:54 »

Bullett......... well and truly dodged.
would've been quite fun though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:53:33 »

Even more fun than the Brady bunch...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:55:09 »

Ladies and gentlemen, I remind you of Bob Holt.........

Big firms are on our side
THE consortium hoping to wrestle control of Swindon Town Football Club claims to have secured financial backing from three major multinational companies.

It says the money ­ which is understood to run into millions ­ would “virtually guarantee the future” of the club, should the consortium take over from the current directors.

No contract has yet been signed but, following a series of meetings last week, a verbal agreement has been made and the deal is expected to become official later this week.

The consortium includes former Queen’s jockey Willie Carson, former club chairman Cliff Puffett, ex-Robert Maxwell aid Bob Holt and James Wills, the son of the club’s biggest shareholder, Sir Seton Wills.

Mr Holt, spokesman for the group, said the three firms are all international giants in the development industry, but have local connections to Swindon.

“They’ve got more money than you can shake a stick at,” he said. “At this stage we are still talking with them to finalise details of how they will support us, so we cannot name them yet.

“The consortium has for some time had at its disposal £1m to deal with short-term cash flow difficulties at the County Ground.

“But this proposal will secure the long-term future of STFC and provide the club with a new stadium for which the freehold will be owned, without any encum-brance whatsoever, by the football club and not by some property company.”

Mr Holt said the removal of the current directors, Danny Donegan and Ian Blatchley, was the consortium’s next target. He added: “If they (the directors) had the best interests of the club at heart, they should elect the members of the consortium to the board, then both of them should retire gracefully.”

The Advertiser profiled all last week the ongoing saga at the County Ground, revealing that the club had apparently broken the terms of a creditors’ voluntary agreement (CVA).

The agreement was made last year to stop the club going into receivership and involves paying off debts to the creditors in an arrangement agreed by all.

Now a creditors’ meeting is to be held in the next three weeks which could force the club into receivership.

The club also owes £87,000 rent arrears to Swindon Council, has had minibuses repossessed and faces the possibility of being forced to call an annual meeting by the High Court.

It was also revealed on Saturday that the council may strip Swindon Town Properties Ltd (STPL) of its preferred developer status for the Front Garden.

STPL was set up specifically to buy the Front Garden land from the council and to build a new £40m stadium, hotel, conference centre and leisure complex.

Town chief executive, Peter Rowe, speaking on behalf of the directors, said he wasn’t surprised by the consortium’s new investment claim.

“I think I might know who these companies are and, if I’m right, they are in direct competition with the developers we are dealing with.

“If they’ve actually got the money, they should sit down with the directors and talk. But at the moment, they seem to be just playing political games.”
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:56:39 »

would've been quite fun though

Yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: