Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fjortoft's return to the CG  (Read 50882 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:21:54 »

Bristol City are but sensitive, as we know. I'd be surprised if they let you bring it in to the ground.

They made their own fans take a banner down for the West Ham FA Cup tie. To the best of my knowledge it simply states 'East Enders'.

It now lives over the entrance to the 3 Lions pub on West Street.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:27:20 »

Bristol City are but sensitive, as we know. I'd be surprised if they let you bring it in to the ground.

They made their own fans take a banner down for the West Ham FA Cup tie. To the best of my knowledge it simply states 'East Enders'.

It now lives over the entrance to the 3 Lions pub on West Street.

I thought it was because it said "Ultras" and their owner didn't want to be associated with Eastern-European violence and discrimination that usually follows with the 'ultras' out that way. But that could be wrong.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:28:59 »

I thought it was because it said "Ultras" and their owner didn't want to be associated with Eastern-European violence and discrimination that usually follows with the 'ultras' out that way. But that could be wrong.

Perhaps you're right. I'd still contact BCFC before potentially wasting your own time getting it ready.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:30:22 »

Plus the bloke above his left elbow 
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:35:37 »

Perhaps you're right. I'd still contact BCFC before potentially wasting your own time getting it ready.

I have sent them an email last week about what we'll be allowed to bring. I'll chase it up this week.

Plus the bloke above his left elbow 

It won't be the photo on a banner, it'll be a white silhouette on red like the Fjortoft ones above.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:37:13 »

I have sent them an email last week about what we'll be allowed to bring. I'll chase it up this week.

Do you have a ticket Jay? 
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:38:57 »

Do you have a ticket Jay? 

Not yet, no. The sales don't start until the 23rd, even then I'm 10 points short to be in Phase One.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:58:45 »

I've just walked past it, the banner does say ultras.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 21:33:19 »

I just sent a design off to a printer to get a quote on how much to get a stencil printed on huge paper. 3m is so fucking big that printing it out on A1 and sticking them together would take forever. If anyone has any friends in a printer business let me know, we could do with trying to save a bit of money on the stencil to keep costs down.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 21:51:41 »

I might know someone Jay. I'm seeing him in the morning so can ask then.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 21:54:55 »

I might know someone Jay. I'm seeing him in the morning so can ask then.

Cheers mate. It'll just be a very thin outline so it'll use almost no ink. But just needs to be able to make up a 3m x 4m stencil, a Bath-based print company were saying they'd do it in two long strips, so whatever you mate can offer.

Cheers

bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 22:32:34 »

Just like to add my thanks to you Jay for all your efforts on bringing back some atmosphere to the CG, great work mate!
SuperBosnian

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 22:33:54 »

Keep up the good work Jay, Port Vale was the best away atmosphere I've been in for a while.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 23:45:05 »

Jay, I totally respect your enthusiasm and eagerness to support the team and to encourage others to do likewise. At Vale I helped unfurl one of those red bog-rolls. After the final whistle, I slapped you on the shoulder and said "Well done mate" as we walked up the steps. You slapped me back. Cunt.

Please calm down a bit and utilise your funds to best effect. I think your website design and creative abilities are getting the better of you, when sometimes the the simplest of things can work better. Keep going, but slow down a bit. Please.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 00:19:03 »

Jay, I totally respect your enthusiasm and eagerness to support the team and to encourage others to do likewise. At Vale I helped unfurl one of those red bog-rolls. After the final whistle, I slapped you on the shoulder and said "Well done mate" as we walked up the steps. You slapped me back. Cunt.

Please calm down a bit and utilise your funds to best effect. I think your website design and creative abilities are getting the better of you, when sometimes the the simplest of things can work better. Keep going, but slow down a bit. Please.

Haha. Cheers. I said hello to a lot of people that day so sorry if I don't remember!

I know what you mean. I'm trying to think of different ways of getting an atmosphere and getting people turning their heads at what we're doing so instead of doing the streamers, balloons etc I'm going to try and mix it up with some interesting banners.

Below is the rough plan so far and if you have any thoughts on what we should do better or if we shouldn't bother with something, let me know:

• Franchise - red & white sheets in the Town End (ideally do something on DRS to get the crowd here involved)
  • City - streamers, balloons, sheets, flags etc... whatever they'll allow us to do.
  • Yeovil - Jan Age Fjortoft banner, I know we should be focussing on the current run but while he is at the CG it'd be good to recognise him
  • Preston - whatever we can get away with
  • Play offs...? - whatever we can get away with
  • Leyton Orient (Celebrate promotion??)- whatever we can get away with

£200 left in the bank for all of that. I have some sheets left from the Vale game to use, too. So if we have some people happy to donate specifically for the banner then we should be OK for the rest of the season. Every game is a big one and I want to keep the momentum in atmospheres going to the final day.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: