Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fjortoft's return to the CG  (Read 50767 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:15:47 »

My brother volunteered for testing at Porton Down. Supposedly for the human cold - but who knows

I thought the Common Cold Unit had closed......went past the back of Porton Down couple of weeks back....that's one scary place. Had previously only ever glimpsed it from the main road through Boscombe, where youcan make out some tower type things in the distance.

What's it got to do with Fjortoft?
kerry red

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:17:43 »

This was donkey's years ago - sometime in the 70s when he was in the army
kerry red

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:22:02 »

I thought the Common Cold Unit had closed......went past the back of Porton Down couple of weeks back....that's one scary place. Had previously only ever glimpsed it from the main road through Boscombe, where youcan make out some tower type things in the distance.

Bit of a tangent. Jay's intrepid celebrations, leading to Izal toilet paper (the celebration of choice back whenever), then onto questioning if said bog paper was ever product tested and finally to human testing at Porton Down.

Simples!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:24:08 »

Jan would be horrified if he knew what his thread had descended into.

On the other hand, this is the TEF.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:45:11 »

This was donkey's years ago - sometime in the 70s when he was in the army

I didn't know that Fjortoft was in the Army in the 70s.  He must have been the youngest soldier ever! 

Blimey!  The things you learn on this Forum!   Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 14:00:42 »

On a similar tangent. I drove past AWE Aldermaston for the first time in 20 years since i moved up here last week. Man that place has grown, god knows what they make there now since the nuclear requirement dropped...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 14:17:38 »

On a similar tangent. I drove past AWE Aldermaston for the first time in 20 years since i moved up here last week. Man that place has grown, god knows what they make there now since the nuclear requirement dropped...

Reminds me of this..

I was  taken by Steve "Peregrine" Took, who played bongos in the mud, he dropped out of Tyrannasauus Rex when Marc Bolan went pop.

Had seen Hawkwind and Roy Harper plenty of times....the Adrians were poets....happy days.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 14:21:51 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 14:30:37 »

Armada weren't that much of a surprise then.  But nobody expects the Spanish armada.

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 14:37:09 »

Armada weren't that much of a surprise then.  But nobody expects the Spanish armada.

...or Inquisition for that matter.  Don't recall anything about Armada, which doesn't necessarily mean a lot, as there's plenty of stuff from those years that elude me.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 16:10:45 »

I didn't know that Fjortoft was in the Army in the 70s.  He must have been the youngest soldier ever! 

Blimey!  The things you learn on this Forum!   Wink
They do have national service in Norway...
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 16:20:27 »

They still make instant sunshine for the Trident missiles.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 16:44:20 »

You not a (n outer) London any more then? Will this cut down your footy habit?

You know Jacko introduced us at Fulham a few years ago, btw?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 17:00:47 »

Yes I do remember. No haven't moved, was back visiting family for the day and decided to take a leisurely drive back as it was nice.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 17:43:43 »

ah pete brown, psychedelic genius.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:34:06 »

Reminds me of this..

I was  taken by Steve "Peregrine" Took, who played bongos in the mud, he dropped out of Tyrannasauus Rex when Marc Bolan went pop.

Had seen Hawkwind and Roy Harper plenty of times....the Adrians were poets....happy days.

I've just noticed the bit right at the bottom about being dropped off at the Falcon Inn, pretty sure that was a Hells Angel pub. They must have loved a load of smelly hippies turning up looking confused.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: