Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boardman MX or Ridgeback vanteo  (Read 2409 times)
cired45

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 19:41:54 »

Hi, I know theres a few serious cyclists on the forum and I`m looking for some advice on buying a new bike.  I currently ride a MTB with a few hybrid parts but I`m finding that I am doing more road and track cycling now.  Both bikes are around the same price, I have a budget of about £450, with the Ridgeback having hydraulic discs and standard forks,  where the boardman has front suspension and mechanical discs.  Just wondering which would be best.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 19:50:39 »

From what I've experienced you will inevitably replace mechanical disc brakes with hydraulic which puts the Ridgeback in pole position. Do you need suspension forks if you are mainly road and track riding? The reason I ask is that having a bike with suspension forks on a smooth surface wastes energy.

Both are good brands and i like Ridgebacks but Boardman bikes always get good reviews so you know you're getting a great bike, just factor in that you'll have to upgrade the brakes at some point
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 19:56:24 »

I thought you had to spend at least £1200 on a bike to be considered a serious cyclist... Hmmm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: