Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36315 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:44:26 »

I think most of us know that there is something in it. Time wasting has been going on throughout the leagues for years, but I'm pretty sure the level of gamesmanship our boys show is higher than most other teams in our division. I don't necessarily have an issue with this if it gets us promoted. Football is a game of percentages so if you can get your team a free kick over giving away a throw in, you might be able to drop to the floor and con the ref. I saw Nathan Thompson do exactly that yesterday in the first 10 minutes.

But some would call it professionalism. You can get away with these things, so why not? The higher up the leagues you go, the more it happens.
kerry red

« Reply #241 on: Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:52:00 »

Except, of course, Ashton Gate.

Their shit doesn't stink either.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, March 15, 2015, 18:06:04 »

Football is a game of percentages so if you can get your team a free kick over giving away a throw in, you might be able to drop to the floor and con the ref. I saw Nathan Thompson do exactly that yesterday in the first 10 minutes.
Nathan does that every game!

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, March 15, 2015, 18:16:48 »

matt Ritchie was the king of pushing the ball on the other side of him to the ref, then falling over. free kick every time.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, March 15, 2015, 18:56:09 »

Nathan does that every game!

He's learnt that off Alan McCormack!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, March 15, 2015, 22:31:03 »

He's learnt that off Alan McCormack!
He and Paul Caddis are masters of it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, March 16, 2015, 07:43:33 »

In football you can always find an angle to have a moan..

Wolves tore us about three new arseholes at the CG, a country mile better than us.....but that on the back of a budget propped up by parachute payments from the PL...

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #247 on: Monday, March 16, 2015, 11:18:53 »

We went down feigning injury not once, not twice but THREE times on Saturday. I fear a points deduction.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, March 16, 2015, 12:25:02 »

Youth keeper as Belford injured
Thought Belfords bro was still here  Hmmm tho be good benchwarming experience for the lad

Only at Swindon  Roll Eyes

Ty Belford’s brother Cameron has been training with the club recently, with the option to bring him in as temporary cover not considered given he’s suspended due to a paperwork issue stemming from his days in non-league football.

He said: “Cameron’s suspended at the moment. I think it’s to do with paperwork on a booking when he was playing non-league, it was a booking which wasn’t paid for.

“There was a mix up with the paperwork which led to him being suspended for two games, I believe.”

From Coopers interview. http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/03/16/belford-misses-out-again-as-town-protect-luongo-niggle/
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: