Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sky alternatives  (Read 7858 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 10:18:18 »

can't stand it, that's what's wrong. don't drink much lager these days to be honest.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:02:12 »

I've never done the day pass thing but might well do for the upcoming Sky games. How does it work? Do you receive a code you have to enter through Now TV?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:09:00 »

What's wrong with carling? Pours great into a glass from a can. Better than most lagers do. Easily the best of the regular lagers imo.

It's cool to hate regular lager for some reason.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:13:07 »

I've never done the day pass thing but might well do for the upcoming Sky games. How does it work? Do you receive a code you have to enter through Now TV?
You can also watch it in a browser with no NowTV box.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:13:39 »

Yep. It's a bit of a faff because you have to sign up for a Now TV account and that means handing over card details, but I usually just cancel the account after watching whatever it is I wanted to watch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:19:14 »

What's wrong with carling? Pours great into a glass from a can. Better than most lagers do. Easily the best of the regular lagers imo.

It might pour great into a glass but it still tastes worse than badger's urine. Carling and Fosters should only be used for cooking with.

I'm with Batch, it must be that I am getting old and moving onto beer and less likely to drink lager these days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:33:02 »

still drink carlesburg or a peroni on a hot day, or a cider, but for all other occasions give me something with twigs in it Smiley

but I digress. it's a good deal to get nowtv passes free through Carling. But my point was you can usually pick one up through eBay for about £3 if you prefer. these passes can have a use by date, so double check listings before purchase...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:34:16 »

I had carling extra cold draught the other night,  I thought it was fine.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:37:38 »

You do get the odd can that tastes a bit eggy, but hey If you dont like it, stick it in the beer fridge for guests..
Barry Scott

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 11:58:45 »

Get a skybox f5 and buy the channel list, my mate has one (all sky channels). 90 quid a year, proboably illegal mind

Friend of a friend knows someone who might sell moody sky. Full HD, all channels, £10 a month. You do need to pay a lot for the box though.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 12:34:54 »

Seen people selling second hand Sky HD boxes on facebook for sale sites for around £40
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 12:36:15 »

Seen people selling second hand Sky HD boxes on facebook for sale sites for around £40

That's expensive*, and doesn't really help with an alternative to sky Smiley

*older (non built in wifi/500GB) HD boxes = £20

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 12:51:15 »

If you have a decent internet connection kodi is ace. Hit and miss for sports but everything else works very well- movies-tv shows-live tv. YouTube has everything you need to know how to set it up.
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 19:11:56 »

Get a skybox f5 and buy the channel list, my mate has one (all sky channels). 90 quid a year, proboably illegal mind

Illegal indeed - better going the vu+ route over skybox though as better epg/recording support. Also worth mentioning that sky HD content for all these boxes is effectively dead as sky changed the encoding which none will support. Still £60/year for everything SD including ppv events isn't bad
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 18:17:49 »

We received a letter from Sky last week thanking us for our loyalty and giving us £10 off our Sky Sports package for the next 12 months.  We've also managed to get broadband free, as we've got the Sports package.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: