Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tonight's footy  (Read 37900 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 20:26:39 »

Italy holding out for the draw  Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 20:59:32 »

Portugal losing 2-0 to Cape Verde  Eek
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:00:41 »

Not even shocked at this. Portugal are utter shite.
Levi lapper

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:08:37 »

I'm never eating pizza again

Clyne is shite

That explains why he's part of the best defense in the premier league and plays for England then.  Hmmm
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:16:59 »

I love it when people assess players based on approximately 30 mins of 1 game!

Clyne is very decent player and has been for best part of 2 seasons now
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 05:08:53 »

That explains why he's part of the best defense in the premier league and plays for England then.  Hmmm
Defense! Please remember, England play football, not soccer
kerry red

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 08:11:27 »

That explains why he's part of the best defense in the premier league and plays for England then.  Hmmm
Perhaps I should have qualified that with 'tonight'
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 17:18:39 »

Interestingly, Cape Verde are ranked higher than Scotland. Not sure if that says more about rankings or Scotland...
http://m.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 21:42:28 »

Ryan Mason played for League One Swindon Town last year and last night he gets his England debut. Fantastic.

I still have to ask though, where in the hell is Austin? If Kane can get in the side based off of one decent half season then why can Charlie not when he's been scoring goals for fun for donkeys? Oh wait. Charlie doesn't play for a top 6 side. Therefore he doesn't 'deserve' it.

Saw the last 10 minutes last night and was actually quite happy with how we played, which is terrifying considering how atrocious it has been for a fair old while. Townsend/Kane/Walker/Mason all looked good. Can't help but feel there's a coincidence there...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 21:50:17 »

Kane got picked ahead of Austin because he's got a far far better premiership record. It's not very complicated to understand. As much as the Austin fairytale is nice (and I still have doubts that Kane can maintain anything like this kind of form for most of his career), it's a pretty obvious one.

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 21:57:03 »

We are quite well off for strikers at the moment compared to recent years.

Austin is presumably 5th/6th in line, there is no way he could justifiably be picked ahead of any of the 4 strikers in the last squad unfortunately.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 00:10:43 »

We are quite well off for strikers at the moment compared to recent years.

Austin is presumably 5th/6th in line, there is no way he could justifiably be picked ahead of any of the 4 strikers in the last squad unfortunately.

Unless, and call me crazy here, we use things like friendlies to try out different combinations of players. I am not a fan of Rooney, particularly as an England goalscorer (do not even try and use his scoring record as a defence here - he's scored most of his tally in games against much weaker opposition than the people he's being compared to, and has yet to make a proper difference in a tournament since the first euros he was in whilst still at Everton). In an ideal world (i.e. one where selling shirts wasn't as important as the football), he'd be dropped for games like this for a different option.

Similarly, I don't think there's much to be gained in letting a bunch of players from the same club spend precious game time together in Friendlies - they play together in their day jobs, so it's the interplay with the other lads in the team that's the issue, might as well make the most of the few chances they do get.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 06:09:45 »

35 of rooneys 47 goals have come in competitive games. He might not score as many as we'd like at tournaments (although he is tied 1st as goalscorer at our last two, and was our best player in Brazil) but he is a large part in us qualifying for those tournaments so easily in the first place

Things get better but they never get good
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 06:13:06 »

The best striker we've got at international level is Wellbeck. Scores goals, works unbelievably hard at closing down opposition players, has intelligence and has the touch for international football. He'n nowhere near the best Premiership striker but by far England's best.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #89 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 07:28:30 »

I love Welbeck he is not a great striker but works so hard in the channels, gets in scoring positions and set up a lot, is very unpredictable at times and sometimes misses easy chances but then manages to score regularly, I would pick him above any other England forward player.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: