Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale away  (Read 64965 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 21:45:54 »

Don't think it was quite that plush!
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 21:48:19 »

Already done, mate.
check
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:11:05 »

IIRC L&P wanted to use these at the CG but weren't allowed to by the H&S people until they'd done a full risk assessment of them. Presumably because they had the word "cannon" in the name. Unsurprisingly said H&S folk were then spectacularly unhelpful in what would constitute a full risk assessment and refused to commit to any time before the game they wanted to use them at anyway so they wouldn't be able to assess the risk assessment and wouldn't let anyone else validate it. So they got stymied. Port Vale's people might not be such a-holes but just thought it was worth a warning before you go spending a load of money on something you might not be allowed to use.

That's great, mate. Thanks for this. I need to make sure they're fire-proof etc.

Unfortunately Vale haven't been very communicative. I'm starting to think I may need to call someone on their end.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:15:37 »

Don't think it was quite that plush!

I've just spotted it's all patterned! >.< Maybe not that, then!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:17:01 »

That's great, mate. Thanks for this. I need to make sure they're fire-proof etc.

Unfortunately Vale haven't been very communicative. I'm starting to think I may need to call someone on their end.

I'm sure as long as you don't plan to set fire to the away end they probably couldn't care less if you want to throw confetti about and make balloon animals or not
« Last Edit: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:20:12 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:35:36 »

To be fair if you set fire to the away end at valeyour probably doing them a favour!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:46:25 »

To be fair if you set fire to the away end at valeyour probably doing them a favour!

Thousands of pounds worth of improvements I guess?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 23:53:00 »

Well done Jay , will let you know if I can help.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 07:51:00 »

I'll be taking a paper for ticka tape action. One of the best was last day of the season 1990 at stoke. Think there's a pic in the po programme from the Blackburn game.

That was the one we drew 1-1, and Alan MacLoughlin was roaring us on when we had a corner in front of us, right?

Just looked at the tail end of that season, as I thought we were pretty poor, considering we ended up beating Sunderland at Wembley....

Last 12 games: Won 3 Drew 5 Lost 4
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 10:21:57 »

IIRC L&P wanted to use these at the CG but weren't allowed to by the H&S people until they'd done a full risk assessment of them. Presumably because they had the word "cannon" in the name. Unsurprisingly said H&S folk were then spectacularly unhelpful in what would constitute a full risk assessment and refused to commit to any time before the game they wanted to use them at anyway so they wouldn't be able to assess the risk assessment and wouldn't let anyone else validate it. So they got stymied. Port Vale's people might not be such a-holes but just thought it was worth a warning before you go spending a load of money on something you might not be allowed to use.

Aye, then the club had the nerve to use a picture of that Yeovil display for the 2006/07 ST renewal form, a display which was banned in our ground. They disposed of the cardboard cutouts as well for H&S iirc.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 10:45:45 »

Here's an article on the TrustSTFC website about what I want to do.

http://www.truststfc.com/red-army-on-the-road/

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 12:25:14 »

Good luck with this jay, hope our fans respond and travel to vale in decent numbers
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 12:33:28 »

Good luck with this jay, hope our fans respond and travel to vale in decent numbers

Cheers. We took 650 to Crewe, so I'm setting that as how many might have gone (if not less) without the Trust and I doing this, so any more than that and I'm considering it a success.

I've called 3 different offices at Port Vale today and none of them are picking up. Not surprising considering it's a matchday. I'll try again tomorrow...

freakyteeth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 8, 2015, 14:26:21 »

Err

kerry red

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, March 8, 2015, 14:39:19 »

But you've never brought enough to be put in that open end.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: