Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham FC  (Read 44219 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 09:17:30 »

Cheesy
No, just sensible I would say.

Cool
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 09:29:39 »

I didn't make the game last night as my dad had a fall and ended up in Great Western (thankfully nothing serious), but we must be the easiest team in the league to play against. Scouts probably don't even bother watching us anymore as they all know we only play a slow 3-5-2 and never ever change.

It sounds like Gillingham played us perfectly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 09:45:37 »

City are going to piss the league now. Thankfully second place is still up for grabs if our dismal form can be overcome. It is worryingly dragging on now though. Momentum is huge in football and we have none currently.
kerry red

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 10:22:08 »

If there is one thing from last night that summed up the exasperation the fans feel is in the first half we had the ball down by their corner flag - 4 passes later it was back with Wes.

When our way of playing isn't working it is excrutiating to watch - it's like watching a car crash about to happen in slow motion.

You know what's going to come but there's fuck all you can do about it.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 10:37:41 »

If there is one thing from last night that summed up the exasperation the fans feel is in the first half we had the ball down by their corner flag - 4 passes later it was back with Wes.

When our way of playing isn't working it is excrutiating to watch - it's like watching a car crash about to happen in slow motion.

You know what's going to come but there's fuck all you can do about it.

When Yaser played the ball back to Wes from an attacking free kick in their half when we were 2-0 down, I could have run on the pitch and bitch slapped him.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 10:40:48 »

No change over night then.....that is probably the first game of the season where we've been completely hopeless....not bad after 34 games, and certainly no reason to change the style of play, and we can't realistically change much in the way of personnel anyway.

Although it's tempting to extrapolate, how the table might look towards the end of the season....it's still too early. 
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 10:54:49 »

I didn't make the game last night as my dad had a fall and ended up in Great Western (thankfully nothing serious), but we must be the easiest team in the league to play against. Scouts probably don't even bother watching us anymore as they all know we only play a slow 3-5-2 and never ever change.

It sounds like Gillingham played us perfectly.

And Sensible Glenn selflessly used your season ticket. We gave him grief for that Cheesy

Hope your old man is ok.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 11:29:04 »

And Sensible Glenn selflessly used your season ticket. We gave him grief for that Cheesy

Hope your old man is ok.

Yeah he is good thanks Jayo, at first I thought he'd had a heart attack but thankfully he'd just fainted and ended up on the floor! I've never been so relieved!

soapy tit wank @ Glenn! Better view of the dross served up last night from the DRS!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 11:39:11 »

I sat in the DRS last night..for a change. I was genuinely concerned the bloke with white hair, right of the TV gantry, teeing off at Cooper after every misplaced pass, was about to have a heart attack. Is he always like that? It was the best entertainment on offer all night.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 11:42:23 »

I sat in the DRS last night..for a change. I was genuinely concerned the bloke with white hair, right of the TV gantry, teeing off at Cooper after every misplaced pass, was about to have a heart attack. Is he always like that? It was the best entertainment on offer all night.
You were very lucky, that was probably the only entertainment on view last night!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 13:03:11 »

There was a blissful 5 minutes this morning after i'd woken up, where i'd forgotten all about the match last night.

What annoyed me the most was after all of us saying teams come to the CG and sit back to stop us playing. The Gills front 2/3 come and chase the ball between our defence and midfield, yet we still couldnt find any space behind them to exploit.

But we've got away with it with the other results and are more or less in the same position as we were yesterday afternoon. Get our heads together, learn from the mistakes, move on. Hopefully.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 13:03:22 »

We are so good at playing sideways and more importantly backwards, why don't we face the opposite way from the kick off and see if its what we need to make "plan A" work.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 13:41:07 »

Not the best 'fans' to use an example but worth highlighting with Wes getting all precious.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2978006/Manchester-United-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-demands-fewer-backpasses-team.html

If the ball goes backwards too often fans at whatever level are going to vent some frustration!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 14:09:05 »

Just seen the highlights on Player. Two superb strikes from Macdonald. Branco loses the ball at one point and makes no effort to recover position as the oppo race goalwards.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 14:40:45 »

After Crawley I didn't think it would get any worse. Wrong. From a Swindon team perspective, it was like looking at one of those Prem Under 21 matches, all 'style', postering and haircuts, bugger all hard graft and desire to get the 3 points.

But then when most of the players are picking up a steady £75k - £100k a year, and will be moving on to more in the Championship with whoever next year, is it any wonder? A few years of no hassle bench-warming in the Championship and they're set up for life, if they've been sensible with the money. So why bust a gut here in front of a few thousand moonrakers?

Amazingly we've still got a great chance of the 2nd auto position. Let's hope someone can throw a Fergie-style boot at their collective arses, soon.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: