Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham FC  (Read 44218 times)
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 23:12:29 »

Just to add my piece of doom and gloom. We are on the verge of a raft of suspensions due to collections of yellow cards. Since we are 'cheats', maybe it would be wise if Coops/Power arranged these over a period of time so as to maintain some semblance of a backbone to the matchday squad ?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 00:01:11 »

Ok....I'm sat up in my hotel room.....just got here.

Will post this and then read back.

It was awful tonight....the worst in a long time.

Cannot blame cooper for the performances of every single player tonight....it was woeful....but he has to carry the can for taking Williams off for a forward....chasing the game at 2 zip? Sorry, that's shit.

Midfield utter shit...each and every one of them...looked like they had run the London marathon and then gone a drink and drugs binge...three yards slower than the pikeys in all departments.

Pikeys were good value tonight....worked their bollocks off to shut us down but really, they didn't have to try too hard did they.

Zero shots on goal/target at home is shameful.

I heard steve white on the radio post match before the signal died and he commented that perhaps the lads should be given a couple of days off and then dissect the game and game plan.....fuck that, I would have the fuckers in tomorrow...not so much training but a big open and frank discussion.

The biggest disappointment was seeing a mate of mine go when the third went in....I have never before seen him do that in 20 odd years.

We are NOT shit but that display was and deserved booing....

Not a great advert for STs or the match on Saturday.

Fucking hell it was dire.

However...we are still in the mix....just about.

Clems Army!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 00:04:40 »

It really doesn't get much worse than that.  For the first time since the Malpas era I left a home game before the final whistle when they scored the third goal.

Pretty much everything has been covered.  It was shit across the board.

There's a number of players who haven't  been playing well for a sustained period of time.  I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Byrne, Smith or Kasim have a good game.   The fact the rest of the team were playing well carried them to a degree, but now others seem to have followed suit and we've fallen to pieces as a team.

I honestly can't see where the turnaround is going to come from.  Some of the passion and desire that we've seen seems to be drifting away from the players.

No no no no no, absolutely not.

If this team wants to accept mediocrity and missing out on promotion they can fuck off now. I'm not having that. A chance of promotion is a rare thing. We can't afford not to give it our all. This team needs to stop hiding and grow a pair right now. Because it IS capable.

Oh for an Alan McCormack now.

Totally agree.  Can we really have over achieved in 2010, 2013 and this season?   I think not.

If we don't get promoted this season, we all know we'll pretty much be starting next season from scratch and another chance will have been missed.   I'm getting sick of being one of those teams that is always up there, but can't quite get over the finish line.  I think alot of supporters feel the same hence the frustration coming from the stands at the moment.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 04:23:58 »

Re your wise last sentences - Hope someone will take the trouble to point them out to the players and the management
to try and take some of the sting out of the situation.

But it's a modern disease I think, when looking at the growing numbers of clubs who are getting this kind of reception at home. Even at the top end (liverpoo, chelski, arseall, spurs) there's increasing silence at home games.

Consumers, not supporters :-(

But that said, there are still grounds where the idea of support still holds good. And it'll be interesting to correlate the success of teams in the future with the active support or otherwise of their home fans.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 05:35:34 »

We'll come good again, this is just a blip. A couple of back to back victories to restore some confidence and we'll be flying and people will wonder what all the fuss was about.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 06:05:36 »

Re your wise last sentences - Hope someone will take the trouble to point them out to the players and the management
to try and take some of the sting out of the situation.

But it's a modern disease I think, when looking at the growing numbers of clubs who are getting this kind of reception at home. Even at the top end (liverpoo, chelski, arseall, spurs) there's increasing silence at home games.

Consumers, not supporters :-(

But that said, there are still grounds where the idea of support still holds good. And it'll be interesting to correlate the success of teams in the future with the active support or otherwise of their home fans.

Didn't mourinho moan about the lack of atmosphere at Chelsea earlier in the season?. Agree with you about the lack of it at the CG currently though.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 07:22:40 »

Jeesh......just woke up and had a terrible nightmare.....

Oh hang on...

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 07:51:18 »

I left at half time and went back to the pub.

Superfan me.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 07:54:49 »

Oh and by the way, if we had Cody McDonald we'd be top 2
Totally agreed. His movement all game was excellent and he did a lot of tracking back. He also  showed real instinct / intelligence for his 2 goals. I didn't think Marquis was too shabby either. Saying that our defence is a total shambles and I think even Shaun Close would look like Messi when up against our 3 who look likely to concede a goal every time the ball goes wthin 30 yards of our goal.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 08:00:01 »

If we don't get promoted this season, we all know we'll pretty much be starting next season from scratch and another chance will have been missed.   I'm getting sick of being one of those teams that is always up there, but can't quite get over the finish line.  I think alot of supporters feel the same hence the frustration coming from the stands at the moment.

As a football club, we just don't have the mental toughness to get ourselves over the line. It's almost like we play catch up, get there...then when the though of promotion becomes some what realistic we crumble.

This season is starting to feel a bit 2010 isn't it?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 08:05:25 »

I've not read through so apologies for any repetition...

One of the most inept all-round performances for ages.

Fair play to Gills, they made a village idiot first xi look like a village idiot second xi.

The Gills fans must have been laughing all the way back to Medway.

Cooper's inability to act pragmatically when needed is increasingly worrying. Having said that, the individual player performances were so bad last night I doubt an early change of formation would have made too much difference.

Free kicks on the half-way line ending up with Wes kicking aimlessly under pressure - ffs.
REDBUCK

« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 08:50:51 »

What we are missing is a group of players who have been through a situation like this, collectively they have very little experience of turning round a slump. Mr Cooper hasn't much success in halting a slide either from what I can tell.

The formulaic pattern of football we play and keep trying to play no matter what the season or  match situation Is no longer  getting the rewards it was and no one appears to have the on or off field experience to adjust.

City have experience in bucket loads and haven't faltered and Preston have turned their slump around nicely. We obviously need to do the same but don't appear to have the players capable to do it or at least they haven't shown it.

Let's hope they learn quick and can deal with the challenge
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 08:54:56 »

Is there an argument for 4-4-2 saturday? I'd say so.

Every side in the division we've yet to play will be watching the video of last night. I'd imagine even Notts County would be rubbing their hands with glee if they see us line up the same on saturday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 09:00:54 »

I left at half time and went back to the pub.

Superfan me.
Cheesy
No, just sensible I would say.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 09:03:21 »

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. We're so set in our ways that we almost play like robots, unable to react to what's actually happening on the pitch. We lack a leader, and that can only come from an experienced pro.

What we are missing is a group of players who have been through a situation like this, collectively they have very little experience of turning round a slump. Mr Cooper hasn't much success in halting a slide either from what I can tell.

The formulaic pattern of football we play and keep trying to play no matter what the season or  match situation Is no longer  getting the rewards it was and no one appears to have the on or off field experience to adjust.

City have experience in bucket loads and haven't faltered and Preston have turned their slump around nicely. We obviously need to do the same but don't appear to have the players capable to do it or at least they haven't shown it.

Let's hope they learn quick and can deal with the challenge

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: