Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham FC  (Read 44766 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 21:59:06 »

Problem is name another team that plays 3 at the back? There must be a reason others don't... It leaves you too open especially when your form dips.

bristol city. they arent doing too bad.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:08:33 »

bristol city. they arent doing too bad.
They've got proper defenders though, we've got the complete opposite and is it actually a back 3 as they play Mark Little every game and he's a full back as it was him Peterborough wanted to replace with Thompson in the summer.
The traditional 4-4-2 is out of fashion now but a back 4 remains a constant for pretty much all the top teams! In the last 8 games were conceding on average 2 goals a game that to me says we are too open, even when we were in form let's be honest we rode our luck at times.
Flashheart

« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:11:22 »

They've got proper defenders though

So then the defenders are the problem and the not formation?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:25:08 »

So then the defenders are the problem and the not formation?
Think it's a combination of both. 3 at the back is fine when you have the fear factor as teams are scared of you and don't really want to attack as we've seen earlier in the season. However at the moment we've lost that and teams are starting to catch on and have a go at attacking us. This is now highlighting our lack of physical strength, leadership, organisation and possibly even defensive ability.
I keep going back to the same point the likes of Mourinho swear on a back 4 and there's a good reason for that, very few teams persevere with a back 3!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:26:09 »

People are reading too much into formations, and the like, we hit a bad patch. We thought we might be out of it we aren't yet. We will get out of it, and hey, at least If we don't we wont be going to Accrington or the like next season. (No disrespect to Accrington)
Flashheart

« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:32:02 »

People are reading too much into formations, and the like, we hit a bad patch. We thought we might be out of it we aren't yet. We will get out of it, and hey, at least If we don't we wont be going to Accrington or the like next season. (No disrespect to Accrington)

Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:39:52 »

Sorry if already posted/never wanted to see them

I owe Turnbull an apology, it was Thompson that got done on the last one.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:42:43 by Batch » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:49:39 »

3 damn good goals really. I'd be well pleased if we'd scored them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:51:34 »

Really good finishes, still think our defending was a little soft.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:54:44 »

Yeah I meant finishes really, 3rd was a shocker defence wise.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 23:02:58 »

Last night I seriously considered not going to the Notts County game on Sat, but now I'm feeling positive we can turn our form around. A draw between Franchise and Preston and a two goal win for us and we're back in 2nd place, which is completely mad considering how bad we've been.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 23:08:08 »

Yeah I meant finishes really, 3rd was a shocker defence wise.

But apparently we were playing 2-4-4 by then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 23:28:27 »

2nd goal was criminal. 27 seconds into the 2nd half and we had the kick-off as well!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 08:23:07 »

Stephens for Branco at the back, Gladwin for Swift, Obika got Smith and things will look far better than Tuesday.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 09:00:58 »

I think his team is mentally exhausted - bunch of young blokes who have been at the top of their game until about  month ago. This sort of tiredness takes rest and a break from the game to get over. Kasim and Mass should have had at least 2 weeks off - we were fine without them. What`s happened to Obika? he can`t be worse than Smith at the moment......N.T is seemingly carrying an injury - Easter is the crunch time so Cooper has a short time to get it sorted - missed Tuesday night but booing won`t help - let`s save that for the end of the season if at all. Bunch of young kids out there who need to be cheered for efforts so far....keep the faith ffs

Bathtime
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: