Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dave Mackay  (Read 14671 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 13:37:13 »

So just to remind myself, I clicked on his name and read again through all 13 of his uniquely, monotonously bile-fuelled posts. Precisely nothing contributed to this forum.

What exactly does someone have to do to get banned from here?

You only really needed to read one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 13:45:55 »

Agree with this, although a thread about someone's death does seem to be a somewhat peculiar location to have such an exchange!
It is, but I think the vitreol expressed against Mackay well before the exchange surprised me.

But then I was only 6 when he left the club so have no real STFC based opinion of DM other than he was one of the all time Football League legends.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 14:12:10 »

Club confirms a minute's applause tonight.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 15:20:16 »

Club confirms a minute's applause tonight.

This is one of the rare occasions when a minute's applause is better than a minute's silence.  If you don't want to applaud, you don't applaud.  And no one minds.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 17:54:26 »

detestible man. Was'nt it Mackay who racked up £500 a week bills at the Blunsdon Hotel?  This was very big money in the day.
He ruined the centre of the team, Stan Harland was mentioned.
I think of Mackay as some on here think of DiCanio.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 17:57:14 »

This is one of the rare occasions when a minute's applause is better than a minute's silence.  If you don't want to applaud, you don't applaud.  And no one minds.

This.

Agreed, not the most well liked manager we ever had and some of the stories about his behaviour to the players and staff (whether entirely true or not) was a touch of the Bily Big Boots. I know that Blunsdon House Hotel did very well out of his stay.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 18:17:04 »

And like a cunt you are full of spunk, fuck off you cum filled frog clunge, don't bring a knife to a sword fight, just wave your froggy white flag now.

Wow, what a thoroughly horrible post that is.  Luckily we have the Ignore button...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 18:23:03 »

Wow, what a thoroughly horrible post that is.  Luckily we have the Ignore button...

Im not sure Ive ever been quite that angry. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 18:25:43 »

Im not sure Ive ever been quite that angry. 
Theres still time, you are still young Smiley

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 18:27:43 »

A true football legend but far from that with us. Saying that, it was a crap period in our history until we got Danny Williams ( who is a true STFC legend ) back to restore some semblance of order and dignity.
I'll applaud the football legend but it certainly won't be for his time with us. Stan Harland ( another true STFC legend ) was very badly treated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 18:36:04 »

A true football legend but far from that with us. Saying that, it was a crap period in our history until we got Danny Williams ( who is a true STFC legend ) back to restore some semblance of order and dignity.
I'll applaud the football legend but it certainly won't be for his time with us. Stan Harland ( another true STFC legend ) was very badly treated.
This is how I feel.

I actually saw Stan Harlands grave this week at my wifes aunties funeral here in Yeovil, a little village called Tintinhull on the outskirts of the town just off the A303.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 18:46:45 »

if i was there tonight i would be abstaining in my droves.An aberrration in the history  of SWindon Town and very unworthy of a minute's anything in the County Ground as far as Im concerned
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 19:04:11 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 19:43:20 »

Don't remember the Mackay era but can relate to how I'd feel if it was Steve McMahon or Paolo di Canio.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 19:46:24 »

Don't remember the Mackay era but can relate to how I'd feel if it was Steve McMahon or Paolo di Canio.
Indeed.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 19:59:47 »

The Don was almost but not quite critical of MacKay, especially over Stan Harland.

From the modest Don - so opposite in character to MacKay - that reticence speaks volumes.

RIP the great Tottenham captain and Scottish international.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: