Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT with Premier B Teams  (Read 14863 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 18:18:12 »

Asked Power about this yesterday, he seemed surprised at the mere notion of it. That's not to say it isn't happening or hasn't happened but it's usually Steve Anderson who goes to Football League meetings.

Thanks.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 20:16:48 »

Thanks.
Quick update on this. Asked the manager today what he thought of the idea. He approved.

His words: “Great idea. I think it will help develop players. It gives the younger players an actual feel for a matchday. The result matters, they’ll get to play in front of crowds – which they wouldn’t do with their under 21s – and it gives lower league clubs the opportunity to play against the bigger clubs as well."

He didn't know where the proposal was at, or whether or not it had actually been proposed to Football League clubs officially.
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 20:22:07 »

Would he/did he approve of B teams in the league? Perhaps he can't see the 'thin end of the wedge' angle?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 20:22:19 »

bad news if that's how the football fraternity think
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 20:29:05 »

Presiding over our heaviest home defeat v The Pikeys and now support for Dyke's madness  Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 20:46:52 »

It's tempting to sign Reg up to a load of annoying mailing lists also.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 21:21:18 »

Would he/did he approve of B teams in the league? Perhaps he can't see the 'thin end of the wedge' angle?
I suspect most players / ex players / managers would have a very different perspective to us mere fans. Danny Mills' enthusiastic support for Prem League B Teams in the Football League being a recent prime example.

Are there any pro footballers out there who openly dislike the Premier League and Champions League?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 13:11:00 »

In front of crowds ?

JPT crowds are low enough as it is and surely the introduction of Prem U21 teams fans will lose interest even more
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 13:20:20 »

Not many pro footballers have ever supported a team passionately or watched them on a Saturday, which means most fall into the sky sports (TM) way of thinking.

B teams are a shit idea full stop. If this is allowed they will be in the FL by 2020. Probably sooner
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 16:20:04 »

In front of crowds ?

JPT crowds are low enough as it is and surely the introduction of Prem U21 teams fans will lose interest even more

I'd guess if you were an armchair Chelsea fan the likes of seeing Chelsea B in a competitive match on your doorstep (be it Swindon or Carlisle) will appeal.. Unfortunately.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 16:35:17 »

Who the fuck is gonna support these B teams in their matches? Can you imagine Man Utd against Swindon at OT on a Tuesday night and the sort of crowd that would attract in such a huge stadium???

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 17:34:47 »

Who the fuck is gonna support these B teams in their matches? Can you imagine Man Utd against Swindon at OT on a Tuesday night and the sort of crowd that would attract in such a huge stadium???

Manure dont play their Premier development league games ( u21 ) at OT
They play at The J. Davidson Stadium in Altrincham, Capacity 6085

So you wouldnt even get to watch them in their own stadium  Clap

A statement from the Football League, clarifying the situation, read: "Clubs have been asked to consider the concept of permitting 16 U21 teams from clubs with category one academies to participate in The Football League Trophy.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-football/walsall-fc/2015/03/04/football-league-to-re-visit-jpt-b-team-idea/

There are currently 24 clubs with Cat 1 academies

Division 1
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Norwich City
Southampton
Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United

Division 2
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Brighton & Hove Albion
Derby County
Middlesbrough
Newcastle United
Reading
Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Development_League#League_1

Take your pick who the 16 will be but no doubt will be drawn from the current 16 prem league teams ( relegation/promotion dependant of course )
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 20:05:20 »

Wonder what backhanders the FL are getting in exchange for allowing this?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: