Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT with Premier B Teams  (Read 14941 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 13:13:18 »

So assuming Power supported this, would Sam like to ask him to enlighten us unwashed ignoramuses as to why?

I vaguely remember the radio asking Power in an interview previously about something that was supposed to have been decided by FL chairmen and Power basically said he knew nothing, so not sure if STFC have a rep at these if power does not attend.

As you say maybe something for Sam to investigate though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 13:15:31 »

Don't see what the PL teams think they'll gain from it, will their young starlets having the shit kicked out of them on dodgy pitches chasing a trophy that even FL clubs put out weakened teams for really benefit them?

I watched what I guess was a youth team match between Liverpool and Chelsea last night, it was awful. Think they'd both have been trounced by Championship and League One teams, they just weren't good enough. Also seems to be a requirement that they all have stupid hair cuts and have passed their diving exams before they can play.

What we really need is a revamp of the loan system, stuff like; more loan players under the age of 23 if they're on season long loans with no call back and tie ups between clubs to improve lower league training facilities and quality of coaching. As long as lower league clubs have the option of not participating, don't see the problem with more loan players. The FL is already a feeder system, everyone needs to accept it and get on with it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 13:35:51 »

@official_stfc didn't reply to my tweet asking if its a reporting error. Perhaps some journalists can so some journalism and find  out.

Didn't the original story state that Wimbledon were the only league 2 club that voted against, it didn't mention league 1 - or have I missed a subsequent story?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 14:42:12 »

I think you are right, all the reports I can find say only league 2 club. I could have sworn....

oh well, would still like to know our position on this.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 15:07:05 »

I find it funny how no one gives a shit about the JPT until the Prem tries to fuck with it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 15:19:10 »

I find it funny how no one gives a shit about the JPT until the Prem tries to fuck with it.

It's because people can see that this is the thin end of the wedge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 15:50:04 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
I go to the home jpt games, so your post isn't accurate Wink
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 16:58:13 »

It seems that the PFA have confirmed this  -

@PFA
A majority of L1 & L2 clubs are backing a proposal to allow EPL B teams to partcipate in the Johnstones Paint Trophy
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 17:06:35 »

I don't normally go for the notion that some plans are ' the thin edge of the wedge', I tend to find such suggestions a tad paranoid and conspiratorial.

Not this time though, it couldn't be more obvious.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 17:38:51 »

It seems that the PFA have confirmed this  -

@PFA
A majority of L1 & L2 clubs are backing a proposal to allow EPL B teams to partcipate in the Johnstones Paint Trophy

So now it's a proposal rather than a fait accompli. There seems to have been a very odd lack of warning of this happening, or even much comment or clarity about it since it was announced. Almost like it's being pushed through on the quiet. Well like my mate Ironside, Easyjet will be having no more of my euromillions for this competition if this goes through.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
wigglesworth

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 21:18:15 »

Makes the paint pot trophy marginally less shit I suppose. Zipped
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 21:39:15 »

So now it's a proposal rather than a fait accompli. There seems to have been a very odd lack of warning of this happening, or even much comment or clarity about it since it was announced. Almost like it's being pushed through on the quiet. Well like my mate Ironside, Easyjet will be having no more of my euromillions for this competition if this goes through.

Pretty certain the idea came from the Football League in response to the Dyke proposal for B teams in the league.

Haven't read anything linking it to the Premier League, don't even remember a response to the proposal at the time.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 16:33:28 »

Will it only be the 'top 6' or will all Prem teams have the option of entering a B team
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 17:14:16 »

I vaguely remember the radio asking Power in an interview previously about something that was supposed to have been decided by FL chairmen and Power basically said he knew nothing, so not sure if STFC have a rep at these if power does not attend.

As you say maybe something for Sam to investigate though.
Asked Power about this yesterday, he seemed surprised at the mere notion of it. That's not to say it isn't happening or hasn't happened but it's usually Steve Anderson who goes to Football League meetings.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 17:30:52 »

That was about a vote on artificial pitches.

He basically said he wasn't intersted in these kind of votes as he believed the Football League will ultimately do whatever they want anyway. Probably a fair bit of truth to that reasoning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: