Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT with Premier B Teams  (Read 14933 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 20:00:21 »

Bye
Bon nuit...

I apologise, I should have said fuck off and die. Your welcome.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 20:09:30 »

Bon nuit…

I apologise, I should have said fuck off and die. Your welcome.

Bonne nuit.

You're welcome.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 21:32:24 »

This is a joke. The idea of the JPT is to give the lower league teams a chance to win a trophy as well as a trip to Wembley. And whilst I agree that its a bit tinpot it would be a farce to let "b" teams take part. What is the point? And it will also help pave the way for a stronger argument for a league 3. Dyke will be happy.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 2, 2015, 21:35:07 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 22:10:40 »

This is a joke. The idea of the JPT is to give the lower league teams a chance to win a trophy as well as a trip to Wembley. And whilst I agree that its a bit tinpot it would be a farce to let "b" teams take part. What is the point? And it will also help pave the way for a stronger argument for a league 3. Dyke will be happy.
Exactly, I would actually be less pissed off if it were the league cup, then it wouldn't just be the lower league clubs getting pissed on.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 22:24:01 »

What is the point?

Good question. First thing I thought when I heard this, was "but why"? Genuinely baffled.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 22:54:21 »

A lot of premier league teams have already embraced the "B Team" theory in the FA cup and the Capital One cup  so not really a step into the unknown.The best way to get young premier league players such as Turnbull,Stephens and Swift competitive games is to loan them out to football league teams.This already works so why can't Dyke just do one.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:17:09 »

I see the BBC have reported this.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31702424

Lazy journalism though, saying that Wimbledon were the only team of the 48 lower division teams not to back it. We don't actually know who backed it from League 1.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:21:00 »

All it needs is for fans of other clubs to boycott any game involving a B team, and the idea dies on its arse.
disagree. Considering these games already generally attract the die hards that would go to any game where their team is playing, I can't see the few that do go to jpt games boycotting.
A bigger concern is that only Wimbledon opposed this. It is for the club's to reject it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:24:58 »

Surely lower league clubs pitching themselves in a cup competition with top flight youth and reserve teams is already alive and well in the League Cup (pre Semi Final stages).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:29:13 »

So assuming Power supported this, would Sam like to ask him to enlighten us unwashed ignoramuses as to why?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:36:43 »

So assuming Power supported this, would Sam like to ask him to enlighten us unwashed ignoramuses as to why?

Why are we assuming he supported this?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:42:50 »

Why are we assuming he supported this?

Is it wrong that only Wimbledon opposed? Or did loads of clubs abstain?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:53:07 »

Is it wrong that only Wimbledon opposed? Or did loads of clubs abstain?

@official_stfc didn't reply to my tweet asking if its a reporting error. Perhaps some journalists can so some journalism and find  out.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:56:40 »

If this came in, I'll give it a miss.

The Premiership was set up to keep everything for themelves and fuck the rest of us off....that's why I chuckle at them getting the arsehole with FIFA setting up a winter World Cup. Bully getting a slap from a bigger one.

They set the stall out so fuck em.

Abser-fucking-lutely
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:58:36 »

Another thread set up without consultation with the fans

I'm boycotting it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: