Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT with Premier B Teams  (Read 14766 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 16:42:51 »

I think Swindon fans are some of the more anti modern football in the game. Our particular distaste of drums (which other clubs seem perfectly ok with) and our hatred of MK (so much so they see us as some sort of rival).

How far do those traits spread beyond the TEF I wonder? Last outpost of Disorder.  Beers

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 16:43:27 »

That's because they both suck big balls, nothing to do with being anti modern.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 17:00:07 »

All it needs is for fans of other clubs to boycott any game involving a B team, and the idea dies on its arse.

Lot's of our fans have been getting their boycott in early this season....the TEF should definitely make a stand, I was quite happy to go to Rodney Parade on a Tuesday night, but fucked if I'll go to Dean Court to watch Bormuff reserves.

Right...need to make a Geoffrey list....that's Johnstone's Paint, any sponsor of Qatar 2022, and any donor to the Tory party  Smiley
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 17:09:32 »

I think Swindon fans are some of the more anti modern football in the game. Our particular distaste of drums (which other clubs seem perfectly ok with) and our hatred of MK (so much so they see us as some sort of rival).

I'm not sure if that's true TBH, you probably see more of it on here because you spend more time on here. I think there is disillusionment across the lower leagues, hopefully this will lead to an organised boycott of JPT games.

The problem is, they aren't that well attended anyway, so if you get a load of prem obsessed kids into watch Arsenals second string, plus a cash incentive for clubs allowing the Prem B teams to compete in the first place, it won't actually make any difference if the usual fans don't turn up.

Except, perhaps, to the atmosphere, but let's face it, that's terrible at most home game these days anyway.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 17:27:42 »

Yet another reason to bin off a pretty pointless tournament.

Not sure a boycott of the tournament would even be noticeable before the area final stage
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 17:39:25 »

Bunch of negative wankers. Its this kind of short sighted parochialism that will stop us winning the World Cup. Greg Dyke is a fucking martyr.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 17:44:03 »

How the fuck is that supposed to work then? Are the 'B' sides all included en masse, thus forcing division 3&4 clubs to play even more games in season? Perhaps they'll make them have their own preliminary 'play-off' competition to whittle it down to 10 extra sides (I doubt it very much). Perhaps it will end up like the FA Cup where the 'B' teams don't put on a shirt in anger until the money making stages kick in and division 4 clubs have to play each other in a preliminary round? Fucking disgrace. I sure as hell will never go to a game in this competition ever again.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 18:42:21 »

If this came in, I'll give it a miss.

The Premiership was set up to keep everything for themelves and fuck the rest of us off....that's why I chuckle at them getting the arsehole with FIFA setting up a winter World Cup. Bully getting a slap from a bigger one.

They set the stall out so fuck em.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 18:42:47 »

And two threads!

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 18:45:58 »

Actually, there is 3.

FH posted it as well
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 19:36:03 »

How the fuck is that supposed to work then? Are the 'B' sides all included en masse, thus forcing division 3&4 clubs to play even more games in season? Perhaps they'll make them have their own preliminary 'play-off' competition to whittle it down to 10 extra sides (I doubt it very much). Perhaps it will end up like the FA Cup where the 'B' teams don't put on a shirt in anger until the money making stages kick in and division 4 clubs have to play each other in a preliminary round? Fucking disgrace. I sure as hell will never go to a game in this competition ever again.

Easyjet will be crying over the lost millions from their Nice route.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 19:44:16 »

Easyjet will be crying over the lost millions from their Nice route.
Point. Missed.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 19:45:55 »

Point. Missed.

I've travelled with Sleazy a lot....and nothing is nice!

Clems Army!
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 19:52:42 »

I've travelled with Sleazy a lot....and nothing is nice!
I agree. Did you happen to read and comprehend, let alone actually understand anything prior to my declaration of non-attendance? As if any sane mane would fly from one country to another for a football game at Wembley...

I repeat my questions: How is it going to work?

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 19:55:34 »

I agree. Did you happen to read and comprehend, let alone actually understand anything prior to my declaration of non-attendance? As if any sane mane would fly from one country to another for a football game at Wembley...

I repeat my questions: How is it going to work?
Bye

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: