Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Russia  (Read 7986 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 20:40:42 »

Yes, I live on the other side of the world...however, do you really think a serious conflict won't effect here as well.

Why do you consider the USA way of living is right ?

What have the Americans done for anyone...except cause total havoc where ever they have gone.

Fair point.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 20:40:56 »

Yes, I live on the other side of the world...however, do you really think a serious conflict won't effect here as well.

Why do you consider the USA way of living is right ?

What have the Americans done for anyone...except cause total havoc where ever they have gone.

Roads, irrigation, Krispy Kreme, Domino's Pizza Halftime report and wardrobe malfunctions?

« Last Edit: Monday, March 2, 2015, 20:42:33 by Hoboken » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 20:42:50 »

Roads, irrigation, Krispy Kreme, Domino's Pizza Halftime report and wardrobe malfunctions?

Grin
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 21:17:11 »

Including

Big Mac's and loud mouthed woman........

Fuck we should be so grateful to USA !!!.

And for the record, recently (1998) Britain finally finished paying them the final payment for their involvement in the second world war !!!. 

God, I love America... Roll Eyes

Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 21:24:50 »

I can't quite put my finger on why, but I suspect that NZrobin doesn't like America much.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 22:41:12 »

I can't quite put my finger on why, but I suspect that NZrobin doesn't like America much.

Maybe a big mac killed his mother?

NZrobin, what makes you think that the USA way of life is the way the ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD has structured itself? That's the same kind of generalisation that says that a person living in Sebastopol lives the same life as someone in Moscow.

As for being on t'other side of the world, you'll be pretty safe from Russia. They got no beef with NZ or Australia really, they have zero sway in the Pacific. China on the other hand, if they went to war, the Americans would definitely annex you and Australia so they can send you all to fight the Chinese in the Pacific whilst the President twiddles his thumbs.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 23:31:53 »

Including

Big Mac's and loud mouthed woman........

Fuck we should be so grateful to USA !!!.

And for the record, recently (1998) Britain finally finished paying them the final payment for their involvement in the second world war !!!. 

God, I love America... Roll Eyes

There's only one person being loud-mouthed at the moment.. You're not American by any chance, are you?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 23:42:09 »

America's not all bad....any nation that can produce the Phil Silvers' Show deserves some credit.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 00:15:02 »

At least the yanks don't take any shit. There's a lot of crap in this world where some pretty awful things happen, but people want to make the west out to be the worst of the worst? Try living life in some of these places then maybe you'll realise that the west ain't all that bad.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 00:21:15 by 4D » Logged
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 00:52:20 »

Obviously we support and follow the same football club...

However, some of these comments here are total bollocks.

The Yanks are good at causing disarray in other parts of the world where they really at not at risk especially when the shit hits the fan

As in Yugoslavia.

Iraq was / is a prime example where they supported Hussain into power and then say...whoops we have fucked up and then try to justify their decisions to remove him with wild accusations of "weapons of mast destructions" That's after removing all the millions of dollars of gold reserves that Iraq had.

Where did Bin Laden get this initial support in Afghanistan from...ummm America.

Syria.......Lets get Assad out be siding with the "rebels" ...oh shit, they are now ISIS...!!!

Let's don't even go down the path of Korea and Vietnam.

COYMR's

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 02:02:26 »

Yeah, coz everything you say must be right.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 02:15:40 by 4D » Logged
Levi lapper

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 06:36:48 »

America is an amazing country I've been lucky enough to visit a fair few times, lovely people in the main, like most places, it's foreign policy sucks.

I'm not too proud of britains record  over the years either. We're like a stroppy teenager, leaving loads of mess for everyone else to clear up. Libya and Iraq were civilized stable countries until we (and America) got involved.
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 08:47:56 »

Stable maybe, civilized no
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 10:34:30 »

Obviously we support and follow the same football club...

However, some of these comments here are total bollocks.

The Yanks are good at causing disarray in other parts of the world where they really at not at risk especially when the shit hits the fan

As in Yugoslavia.

Iraq was / is a prime example where they supported Hussain into power and then say...whoops we have fucked up and then try to justify their decisions to remove him with wild accusations of "weapons of mast destructions" That's after removing all the millions of dollars of gold reserves that Iraq had.

Where did Bin Laden get this initial support in Afghanistan from...ummm America.

Syria.......Lets get Assad out be siding with the "rebels" ...oh shit, they are now ISIS...!!!

Let's don't even go down the path of Korea and Vietnam.

COYMR's      

So basically you're saying that their Foreign policy is to stir up shit in other countries?

Who does that remind me of?

Pretty much every example you list has the Russians as the real stirrers of the shit. Yugoslavia? The Soviet Union broke up and instead of being responsible for their military hardware the Russians leased it to, and actually funded certain ethnic groups so they could buy more.

Iraq? Saddam bought Russian Military Hardware, had Russian scientists working on biological weapons which he used on his own people. The excuse for the second gulf was flimsy at best, but honestly, do you really think Saddam Hussein should have stayed in power?

Bin Laden got his support from America because the Soviet Union rolled in one day and said 'OURS'. In that era the Americans opposed communisim, so they saw the enemy of their enemy as a friend. Quite reasonable. The fact he used them is a sign of stupidity and short-term thinking, but it was Russia who instigated the whole debacle. Afghanistan was a (relatively) stable area with a loose coalition of Tribes slowly creating their own national identity and government before the Soviet Union rolled in and annexed the place.

Assad uses Russian weapons (both conventional and biological) on his own people. He is assisted and abetted by Russian military attaches. He has a good relationship with Moscow. And do you know why? Because it keeps the eyes of the world focused on the middle east, not on Russia where people's personal freedoms decrease day by day.

And let's not forget the huge numbers of Communist insurgencies the world over who were encouraged or directly helped by Moscow. Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, etc. etc. were all Russian-instigated conflicts. There is still fighting today in some countries that was instigated by the Soviet Union.

Force for world peace? My arse.

America's bad with its foreign policy sometimes, but at least they fuck up and admit it. The Russians just blame someone else or have everyone with knowledge of the fuck up shot.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 11:02:44 »

Annnnd breath...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: