Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town  (Read 38786 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 16:03:23 »

Exactly this. Willo has done fantastic this year and for sure we would miss his overall play.
As an example if Charlie Austin in his time at Swindon was playing in this team I am certain his goal tally would be mid 20's by now. All assumptions of course.
Need Smiffy and Obika to find their form rather than Willo.
Duke, if we rolled back time and had the STFC Austin, he would be over 30 goals already and on course for a club record. Any decent striker would fill their boots with the number of chances we create.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 17:19:11 »

Personally thought we were good value for the win yesterday but away from home I'd always take a point (if you can win your home games).

Thought Gladwin was poor yesterday and think we'll see him back in the centre of midfiled, with Toffolo back on the wing.

That hoof out the ground from Stephens apparently landed on the 16:40 train back to London Euston.  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 17:57:58 »

Personally thought we were good value for the win yesterday but away from home I'd always take a point (if you can win your home games).

Thought Gladwin was poor yesterday and think we'll see him back in the centre of midfiled, with Toffolo back on the wing.

That hoof out the ground from Stephens apparently landed on the 16:40 train back to London Euston.  Cheesy

It was certainly travelling. A few feet to the right if would have hit that tower and likely come back onto the pitch. It was travelling some distance though and could have well reached the station Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 23:06:10 »

Err that stand it got kicked out of is further away from the line than the stand we were in, so unless there was a 400 mph wind that blew it back, I call that as rubbish.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 13:34:58 »

Wasn't his best game, it must be said. Gladwin will almost certainly be central against Gills given the loss of Thompson and Stephens. I'd expect a midfield (left to right) of Toffolo, Gladwin, Kasim, Luongo, Byrne. There's always the chance he'll play Luongo in the holding role with Swift attacking though. Kasim looked well off the pace on Saturday.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #260 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 13:39:37 »

To be fair to Gladwyn, he's been shifted around a bit this season including playing left wing back when he's right footed. I rate him and a run in the same position wouldn't do him any harm.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 15:33:11 »

To be fair to Gladwyn, he's been shifted around a bit this season including playing left wing back when he's right footed. I rate him and a run in the same position wouldn't do him any harm.

Couldn't agree more. He's come on leaps and bounds from last season, where he had a nice touch but rarely seemed to influence a game.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, March 2, 2015, 19:51:47 »

Duke, if we rolled back time and had the STFC Austin, he would be over 30 goals already and on course for a club record. Any decent striker would fill their boots with the number of chances we create.

Dare I say it ....Ranger would of got a bucket load.... What a waste...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: