Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town  (Read 39221 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:07:09 »

No but you can't complain about having the leagues top scorer. You can't be more prolific than that.
Well actually, yes you can. He could easily have 25 by now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:09:49 »

but he's still our best striker by some distance
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:09:53 »

Yes, but he's not saying he's got a poor strike rate is he? He's saying he misses too many. 18 goals in 33 appearances doesn't disprove that does it?

Jebus  Roll Eyes
I've lost track of whether people are taking the piss in this thread anymore, so fuck it.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:15:01 »

18 goals in 33 appearances, 12 of which as a sub... I'd say that's a pretty good rate.

Stats don't lie but he has missed quite a few sitters.
As said not moaning and having a decent season.
If we had a "natural" goalscorer sure they would hit 25 plus goals by now.
A Parkin, Cox, Austin type.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:17:51 »

I've lost track of whether people are taking the piss in this thread anymore, so fuck it.

It's quite simple. I admit that I didn't put that last point over very well however.

All Duke is saying - and I agree - is that whilst Williams's strike rate and goals total is very good, it could and should be better. He misses some piss easy chances and some of those that he puts away are actually harder chances than the ones he misses (I think I said that right).

OK, so the response to that is..."Well if he was more consistent, he wouldn't be playing for us"

To which I will reply, "Yeah, well, whatever" and perhaps insert an amusing gif (although yours are always better...you bitch)...

Edit: Did I mention that I like Williams?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:23:50 »

It's quite simple. I admit that I didn't put that last point over very well however.

All Duke is saying - and I agree - is that whilst Williams's strike rate and goals total is very good, it could and should be better. He misses some piss easy chances and some of those that he puts away are actually harder chances than the ones he misses (I think I said that right).

OK, so the response to that is..."Well if he was more consistent, he wouldn't be playing for us"

To which I will reply, "Yeah, well, whatever" and perhaps insert an amusing gif (although yours are always better...you bitch)...

Edit: Did I mention that I like Williams?

Exactly. Willo is not a natural or prolific striker.
If we had one I am sure with the chances we create he would have 25 by now.
All relative though. Like Willo and not complaining.
Take that header for an example on Tuesday night should have been in the net.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:24:54 »

Everything to play for still. Next week MK play Preston whilst both also have tricky fixtures on Tuesday night. If we can win these next 2 games at home we may even be back in 2nd this time next week.

It does feel as though the top 2 is slipping away from us a little bit though. I think that is mainly due to recent form and a loss of momentum. Imagine if we had beaten Crawley and got a point at Scunny. The picture would be a lot different today. It just shows how close it is at the moment.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:25:16 »

If Williams scored them all he wouldn't be in League One would he?

I think it will be play offs ...thought auto would be a big ask due to budget contraints, young side and Chuckles inability to change play once he sets his stall out (4th place at this stage is non too shabby though)....,hope I'm proved wrong and get this post shoved up my arse.

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:27:19 »

City will win the title with games to spare I think. Although we've hit a poor run of form just as Preston have hit a good run of form, it'll take a monumental fuck up to not finish at least in the play-offs and I don't care about momentum, I seriously can't stomach it again.

Our last 3 play off semis have all gone to a shootout as well. And if we do get through that we have the Wembley hoodoo to contend with.  I'm not sure I can face them again either so im still more than hoping we can finish 2nd.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:30:47 »

If Williams scored them all he wouldn't be in League One would he?

I think it will be play offs ...thought auto would be a big ask due to budget contraints, young side and Chuckles inability to change play once he sets his stall out (4th place at this stage is non too shabby though)....,hope I'm proved wrong and get this post shoved up my arse.
Correct. I had already pre-empted that response to save you from typing it out but that's cool...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:35:17 »

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:39:39 »

IF we end up in the play offs and IF we end up in the final, I hope to God we don't treat it like we did the last time i.e. getting to the final in itself is an achievment.

Bollocks. It means nothing.

We need, if it should happen, to approach it in a business like fashion. Go in, get the result and get out, like Millwall did.

There's no such thing as 'a big day out at Wembley' in play off finals, the result is all that matters.

And in any case, 'Wembley' as a concept of the Mecca of football has gone. It went with the Twin Towers - but that's another issue.

Yes I know we still have a very realistic shot at the top two and that is what we should be aiming for and that's what I want and I believe we are capable of achieving it and I hope to God that we do. Just pre-empting a few responses there...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 22:41:37 »

You bitch.

I'm jealous. I would love to get my hands on your gifs. It's in HD and everything  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 01:50:59 »

Exactly. Willo is not a natural or prolific striker.
If we had one I am sure with the chances we create he would have 25 by now.
All relative though. Like Willo and not complaining.
Take that header for an example on Tuesday night should have been in the net.

Duke...you can count on your fingers the number of players who've scored 25 or more Div 3 goals for us in a season post war, and that's for a whole season. None have got to 30.  Willo is doing just fine. If he gets up to 25 by season's end he'll be in some very exalted company....like Bill Stephens, Morris Jones and Bob Edwards......Don Rogers, Peter Eastoe, SSP, Simon Cox and Billy Paynter.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 07:44:44 »

Sorry I don't do personal abuse....if you want to argue why you think this isn't a point towards a PO place, then I'm all ears.
Apology accepted.

We're one point off of second and we've yet to play Preston and Franchise.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: