Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town  (Read 38659 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 07:59:31 »

You bitch.

I'm jealous. I would love to get my hands on your gifs. It's in HD and everything  Cool

Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 08:20:08 »

WRT Williams strike rate, goal tally, chances missed, chances taken etc.

Where would we be without him?, would Smith, Obika and the rest of the team have made up for his goal tally? Would we have managed to get in another striker from anywhere with our finances?

As said about the appearances from the subs bench, that makes a difference as does and for me this is crucial, our style of play. If we were more direct I feel he could have had more of an impact. Not forgetting the bloke spent most of last season recovering from knee ligament damage.

I'm sure Yeovil would have loved the goals he's scored this season so far.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 09:10:59 »

No one is saying Williams is crap or that he isn't a vital player for us, just that he's missed a few sitters - which he has.

I know, I know, if he scored every chance he got he'd be paying for Barcelona etc... it would just have been nice if a couple of those sitters had gone in. That is all.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 09:21:25 »

Strikers miss chances, they all do, even those for Barca. Willo can be a little frustrating as sometimes he misses the easier ones. He also scored some chances that others wouldn't have though - and yes I including Parkin and Austin. He's a different type of "striker" but he's had a bloody good season so far.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 09:23:04 »

Oh and Louis has just tweeted saying He can assure everyone that wasn't his last game for town. Sounds promising, didn't look good yesterday.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 12:11:48 »

That's good news. Certainly seemed like it could be a season ender at the time. Anyway what time did you reprobates leave the Flyer?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 12:13:04 »

Bet you didn't get 4 pints for £11:40 in the flyer SR?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 12:14:30 »

I only had one mate, was back in Sutton for 8.30, the wife was amazed I was back that time, and more amazed I was utterly sober.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 12:17:41 »

She did intimate however there was the potential of a madras, so I didn't hang around, which got cancelled en route, so I bought some fried chicken at Sutton station which I promptly dropped in a puddle, I ended up eating doritos and a double decker for dinner.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 12:25:37 »

She did intimate however there was the potential of a madras, so I didn't hang around, which got cancelled en route, so I bought some fried chicken at Sutton station which I promptly dropped in a puddle, I ended up eating doritos and a double decker for dinner.

soapy tit wank! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune.

My missus had a pot of chilli made for my return, I didn't drop any of it! Hope that's some consolation for you!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 13:27:21 »

No one is saying Williams is crap or that he isn't a vital player for us, just that he's missed a few sitters - which he has.

I know, I know, if he scored every chance he got he'd be paying for Barcelona etc... it would just have been nice if a couple of those sitters had gone in. That is all.
Exactly this. Willo has done fantastic this year and for sure we would miss his overall play.
As an example if Charlie Austin in his time at Swindon was playing in this team I am certain his goal tally would be mid 20's by now. All assumptions of course.
Need Smiffy and Obika to find their form rather than Willo.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 13:28:10 »

Oh and Louis has just tweeted saying He can assure everyone that wasn't his last game for town. Sounds promising, didn't look good yesterday.

Great news that. Appreciate the post.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 13:48:51 »

Having seen the highlights,still not sure if Turnbull was offside and Crewes keeper made a couple of good saves but that's how it seems to be going for us at the moment. At least we're still creating chances so hopefully when the strikers get their eye back in,we'll get back on a decent run.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 13:55:53 »

That's good news. Certainly seemed like it could be a season ender at the time. Anyway what time did you reprobates leave the Flyer?

I went in for one and stayed for three. There was still 4 of them standing when I left with the Reading contingent. Old school Big Mac meal at Paddington completed the day for me and got home at 11:45pm in a relatively fit state. Managed to not fall asleep on the bus which was a major plus based on recent experience.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 14:59:36 »

Having seen the highlights,still not sure if Turnbull was offside and Crewes keeper made a couple of good saves but that's how it seems to be going for us at the moment. At least we're still creating chances so hopefully when the strikers get their eye back in,we'll get back on a decent run.

A win at home and an away draw is a decent run.
Smash the Pikeys on Tuesday and all will be well....

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: