Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City  (Read 33218 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 22:41:36 »

Just seen the highlights.

Fuck me....what was Thompson doing for their goal!?  Didn't see that from my shit perch in the TE!

Clems Army!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 23:05:57 »

Just seen the highlights.

Fuck me....what was Thompson doing for their goal!?  Didn't see that from my shit perch in the TE!

Worth pointing out that Luongo set up their goal, so that's 3 goals and 2 suicidal backpasses that led to goals in two games!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 23:24:49 »

To be fair to Mass though the goal at Oldham was as much Branco bottling it as well as poor back pass.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 07:44:23 »

I thought Luongo was just trying to get a get in on the stretch, rather than play a deliberate dodgy back pass. will have to find the highlights later
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:20:35 »

I thought Luongo was just trying to get a get in on the stretch, rather than play a deliberate dodgy back pass. will have to find the highlights later

Bradford highlights

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #200 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:33:08 »

Mass was definately stretching for a tackle/interception and not passing, the defending by Nathan was appalling though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:37:13 »

To be fair to Mass though the goal at Oldham was as much Branco bottling it as well as poor back pass.

Can we be fair to Branco too? Pretty sure it was Turnball, although had he brought him down he would have almost certainly been off.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:37:53 »

Mass was definately stretching for a tackle/interception and not passing, the defending by Nathan was appalling though.

Spot on Pete
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #203 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:56:56 »

Spot on Pete
I am all for the pretty passing football but in that situation Nathans first touch should have been put it into touch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #204 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 09:07:12 »

Surely they can't be told that in every single situation they have to pass it.

Branco's performance included some very good hoofs at just the right time.

One other thing about the times when we mess up passing it in our half - that must account for so many of our bookings as we end up chasing down an attacker and lunging in
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 09:11:04 »

I am all for the pretty passing football but in that situation Nathans first touch should have been put it into touch.

Yep. There's has to be a time and a place at times. 6 yards from your own goal when you've done all the hard work by getting your body in front of the striker is definitely one of those times. Nath's been a revalation this season but I'm sure he won't be pleased with that one.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 09:15:11 »

Yep. There's has to be a time and a place at times. 6 yards from your own goal when you've done all the hard work by getting your body in front of the striker is definitely one of those times. Nath's been a revalation this season but I'm sure he won't be pleased with that one.

Wasn't it last season he was a revelation, and has become a little bit error-prone this year?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 09:20:03 »

Wasn't it last season he was a revelation, and has become a little bit error-prone this year?

He makes mistakes, they all do. He does a hell of a lot more good than harm on the whole though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 09:46:44 »

He makes mistakes, they all do. He does a hell of a lot more good than harm on the whole though.
Spot on. And he's central to the way we've been able to play this season - we've played some terrific football and having ball-playing defenders like Nath, Stephens, Turnbull, even Branco is crucial to that. It costs us at times but largely it's been a delight to watch.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 09:48:53 »

The fist was one of the best halves of football we have played.

The second was so different as to be almost unbelievable.

Our midfield seemed to be playing much too close to our defence for the second half. We also seem to fail to support Byrne a lot when he is in possession on the wing but surrounded. Leaving him to try and play himself out of trouble all the time is counter productive. Getting across and giving him a closer out ball must pay dividends.

The booing that has been reported wasn't heard by me (DR stand midway between the half way line and the TE) but I did hear some dissent with the slow distribution from Wes at times. On one occasion,  Nathan B was charging diownfiled pointing where he wanted the ball, Wes just kept it.....
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: