Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crap meal!  (Read 10192 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #45 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 23:20:12 »

Out of interest, what time of the day did you eat at C2C?

I've been for dinner (At the Gunwharf one) and it was really good... I went for lunch and it was shocking..

Yes, the Gunwharf one. Lunch Darlo

I think that says it all about staff preparing ready meals. Different times, different days I guess

It shouldn't be hard to do though, surely? Perhaps the measly wages they pay to keep the prices down has something to do with it. Dunno
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 23:27:16 »

Yes, the Gunwharf one. Lunch Darlo

I think that says it all about staff preparing ready meals. Different times, different days I guess

It shouldn't be hard to do though, surely? Perhaps the measly wages they pay to keep the prices down has something to do with it. Dunno

Surely it shouldn't be hard to do the job for which you're paid to do?...

I know the wages and (sometimes) the hours are difficult, but it pisses me off that that's used as an excuse...

I hate 12 hour night shifts (and days, come to think of it), but I still come in and do my job as well as I possibly can... if I don't, I get fired... simple...

Yeah certainly speaks volumes for their lunch time prep/care... still, it wouldn't put me off going back for evening dinner..

Roaming the land while you sleep..

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 10:59:04 »

Arriba, I would advise a different brush for the tar when it comes to some of them.

Our local, the Woodlands Edge (or Wedge as it is known around here if you want to try and sound cool :-p ) is a Hungry Horse. It has been through good and bad phases but we know this is down to the standard of the chef/kitchen staff. OOB meals can be done well or badly. At the moment we are in a good phase and it really is nice to eat there. We went down to Portsmouth and ate at a Coast to Coast a couple of weekends ago and paid three times as much for something which was to be honest crap compared to the Wedge.

Pick your chain pub carefully on reputation I reckon
I've had plenty of reasonable meals in these places along with some awful ones. I've never had anything I could describe as great though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 11:05:52 »

I've had plenty of reasonable meals in these places along with some awful ones. I've never had anything I could describe as great though.

I always reckon that if you eat in a chain place, then you expect the food to be at least acceptable....but never great.

There are of course times when acceptable, is just what you want, which probably explains why there are so many of these places around nowadays.
kerry red

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 11:19:09 »

Had Sunday lunch in the Cold Harbour, Blunsdon which is now part of the Chef and Brewer chain.

Booked for 1.15pm, got served at 2.00pm and had already complained about the wait and was ready to give them both barrels about the food which we had already decided would be crap.

It was a fucking excellent Sunday roast, though. I'd recommend it
Talk Talk

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 12:47:50 »

No, I didn't say they were great and as Reg says you expect it to be reasonable.

It is nearly always true that you should get what you pay for. You can't expect Michelin star standards for a main course well under a tenner.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 18:17:00 »

No, I didn't say they were great and as Reg says you expect it to be reasonable.

It is nearly always true that you should get what you pay for. You can't expect Michelin star standards for a main course well under a tenner.
Agreed. My point was it's never going to be great in these places. Reasonable? of course. A paid for meal should represent good value and manners don't cost a thing. I think the pittance the staff are on or the high proportion of students will see a fair few who don't give a shit in the cheap chain pubs, hence the issues people have.

Had a cracking carvey at the Toby last week for £6 and it was superb, both in the service I received and the food quality.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 18:19:21 by arriba » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 21:24:46 »

I love toby carvery Cool
Talk Talk

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 00:23:06 »

I love toby carvery Cool

Is that your gay boyfriend Tans?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question