Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crap meal!  (Read 10244 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:10:22 »

Went to the Kembrey Inn last night for a birthday celebration meal (sadly I am another year older) and had a poor experience.  A manager who couldn't give a fuck, massively over-booked and a lack of staff to serve the never-ending stream of customers.  Guess the kitchen staff were out as well as food was poor!  Used this place many times in the past, a couple of dodgy meals but basically a decent meal for a decent price but last night was appalling.  The floor of the restaurant was dirty, we were served our meals with no cutlery on the table, and when we pointed it out four knives and forks were just thrown down, no attempt to place them out.  The body language of the manager was appalling, he was obviously pissed-off and his staff appeared to follow suit!!  Due to go back in a fortnight for another person's birthday but will give it a miss until they sort themselves out!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:47:14 »

Not been to Kembrey for ages, you don't expect much from a Brewers Fair, sounds like they didn't even provide the minimum.

I'm still avoiding the Weighbridge Brewhouse, who provided the worst customer service I've ever experienced, though it was a couple of years ago. Presumably it was too much effort for the waitress to actually do anything other than carry the food out. Which wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't taken so long to arrive. They have a microbrewery, you'd think they'd at least ask if you'd want another drink to someone who'd specifically said they wanted to try a few. Rather than just keep on walking past the empty glassed on the table. For 45 minutes. I'd honestly rather go to McDonalds than this wolf-in-sheeps clothing 'premium'  restaurant.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:53:01 »

The Weighbridge has an awful reputation for customer service, and with regards to The Kembrey it sounds as if you get what you pay for? I tend to use the Beefeater or small pubs for decent meals.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 13:19:02 »

Not been to Kembrey for ages, you don't expect much from a Brewers Fair, sounds like they didn't even provide the minimum.

I'm still avoiding the Weighbridge Brewhouse, who provided the worst customer service I've ever experienced, though it was a couple of years ago. Presumably it was too much effort for the waitress to actually do anything other than carry the food out. Which wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't taken so long to arrive. They have a microbrewery, you'd think they'd at least ask if you'd want another drink to someone who'd specifically said they wanted to try a few. Rather than just keep on walking past the empty glassed on the table. For 45 minutes. I'd honestly rather go to McDonalds than this wolf-in-sheeps clothing 'premium'  restaurant.
Fayre, it's Fayre.

FWIW, I stayed in the Tewkesbury Premier Inn last week for two nights. Drove into town for a decent ruby at the Raj. When I stay away I avoid the chain pubs attached to the likes of premier inn, ping food that I can do better at home. As for Hungry Horse they are nothing more than McDonalds with knives and forks and some patrons struggle to use them. That said I can recommend the Bell @ Ramsbury superb meal last night. You do get what you pay for. Lastly, now the trendy set have opened up at the circus the other places like Frankie's will have to raise their game.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 13:36:07 by Red and Proud » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 13:21:01 »

Had nothing but good food and excellent service at the Kembury.

Maybe it's just you?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 13:59:39 »

We had crap service at Wagamamas a couple of weeks back, while popping in at a lunchtime.

First time I have been to the Swindon one and probably the last. Our lunchtime meal took nearly 2 and a half hours from start to finish.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:02:25 »

That's ridiculous Wiggy.

FWIW we went on Tuesday evening and it was fine.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:02:50 »

We had crap service at Wagamamas a couple of weeks back, while popping in at a lunchtime.

First time I have been to the Swindon one and probably the last. Our lunchtime meal took nearly 2 and a half hours from start to finish.
shameful.

Some of these places should pay the waiting staff like they do in the states, next to nothing and let them make it up on tips. Though for a while most waiting staff in this country would earn fuck all, though our labour laws would not allow that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:50:22 by Red and Proud » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:47:44 »

_I'm still avoiding the Weighbridge Brewhouse, who provided the worst customer service I've ever experienced, though it was a couple of years ago. Presumably it was too much effort for the waitress to actually do anything other than carry the food out. Which wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't taken so long to arrive. They have a microbrewery, you'd think they'd at least ask if you'd want another drink to someone who'd specifically said they wanted to try a few. Rather than just keep on walking past the empty glassed on the table. For 45 minutes. I'd honestly rather go to McDonalds than this wolf-in-sheeps clothing 'premium'  restaurant.

This isn't an uncommon event, although in fairness to the waitress I think it may actually be their policy that only the duty manager can take orders- when I was there we collared a waitress who told us she wasn't allowed to take orders.

For me, I think the food is good enough to make it worth it anyway, but I can understand the other opinion and my dad similarly won't go until the service is sorted out. I just can't see how they haven't fixed it yet, it really wouldn't be difficult.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:54:35 »

she took our first drinks order and food order Wink in any case it's her job to advise on excessive waits for food ..

food was good. not exceptional but better than most places in the immediate area.

was hoping they had sorted out given the issue has been around since they first opened.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 15:04:24 »

These type of places(two for one,brewers fayre,hungry horse etc) are pinged meals so it's never going to be great.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 15:10:01 »

I really hate Wagamamas. Have only been there three or four times but have found their food unappealing at best and an insult to proper asian cuisine at worst. And their staff are universally disinterested as well.

Plus I don't know if it's the same at all places, but every time I've been there I've been told 'your food will be brought out when it's ready'. So you get your food in minutes and your friends can wait half an hour, an hour, more. What a ridiculous way of running a kitchen.
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 15:19:18 »

I really hate Wagamamas. Have only been there three or four times but have found their food unappealing at best and an insult to proper asian cuisine at worst.

Couldn't agree more. I've some how managed to eat in a Wagamamas quite a lot and it's simply shit overpriced food. To be fair, chains rarely serve anything better than average grub.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 16:00:44 »

Anyone tried Rios Brazil in town yet? Hearing good things and might try it out this week
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 16:05:30 »

These type of places(two for one,brewers fayre,hungry horse etc) are pinged meals so it's never going to be great.
Yes, agree with that comment, but you can expect it to be clean, cutlery supplied and take less than 2.25 hours to eat two courses - which is what happened to us last night!  And staff who actually gave a fuck, the manager sets the standard and he was crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: