Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Crawley Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40306 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #270 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:13:16 »

This thread is hilarious. Reminiscent of Waccoe circa 2010.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:28:40 »

Im not going back to read it.  Was I wise to run away?

Never knowingly overstated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:33:55 »

It's quite traditional for our season to swerve off at a tangent around this time of year. Never boring  Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #273 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:35:56 »

Last year this time we played 4 or 5 real shite games then won 8 on the trot.

Repeat please
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:47:00 »

I can only imagine what has been written over the past 9 or 10 pages. I daren't read back through. The fact is, it's still in our own hands given our game in hand and the fact we have MK still to play.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:47:57 »

I can only imagine what has been written over the past 9 or 10 pages. I daren't read back through. The fact is, it's still in our own hands given our game in hand and the fact we have MK still to play.

And Bristol City, And Preston.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 13:21:20 »

Last year this time we played 4 or 5 real shite games then won 8 on the trot.

Repeat please

Between 16th Feb and 9th March in the 2012/13 season Bournemouth's form completely collapsed and they lost 5 on the bounce, including 3 at home dropping out of the PO zone. After that they went unbeaten for the rest of the season winning 8 games straight and drawing their final game to finish 2nd.

Reg I'm sure will point out that over the same period Tranmere dropped from top to 4th and then kept on falling until the finished their season in 11th. So it depends on whether you want to walk on the sunny side of the street or not.

Too many games left to play for anyone to be sure of anything, but we're still in a better position than all but two clubs.

..never go back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 13:36:28 »

Between 16th Feb and 9th March in the 2012/13 season Bournemouth's form completely collapsed and they lost 5 on the bounce, including 3 at home dropping out of the PO zone. After that they went unbeaten for the rest of the season winning 8 games straight and drawing their final game to finish 2nd.

Reg I'm sure will point out that over the same period Tranmere dropped from top to 4th and then kept on falling until the finished their season in 11th. So it depends on whether you want to walk on the sunny side of the street or not.

Too many games left to play for anyone to be sure of anything, but we're still in a better position than all but two clubs.

As I pointed out t'other day....Bormuff now to fringe of Prerm, Tranny to Conference.  A lot of this shit is about perception, it was fairly obvious that Bormuff were chucking money at it, which in the minds of players and agents creates a sense of something happening....they could nick Ritchie off us an the cheap, as we imploded which in turn created the sense we were no longer serious.  Tranny got involved in a betting scandal.

Cooper's bit on Linksport today is interesting, where he calls for the fans to be nice to the players because they've done well this season, admitting that as a club we're very much a work in progress.  Most of these lads rightly have won recognition for performance and individually have already or will be rewarded at season's end.  This could have the benefit of taking a bit of pressure off, or might induce a bit of complacency.  You can tell what opposition managers think when they say....we've just beaten the best team in the league...
« Last Edit: Monday, February 23, 2015, 13:39:00 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 15:45:56 »

Cooper calling for the fans to be nice to the players is fair enough. They seem a good bunch and have produced some wonderful football this year, as well as being ahead of where many of us thought we'd be at this stage of the season. They'll get a warm reception from me on Saturday, that's for sure. I reserve the right to be pissed off if we lose, though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 15:49:22 »

Cooper calling for the fans to be nice to the players is fair enough. They seem a good bunch and have produced some wonderful football this year, as well as being ahead of where many of us thought we'd be at this stage of the season. They'll get a warm reception from me on Saturday, that's for sure. I reserve the right to be pissed off if we lose, though.

If the team puts in the hard yards and plays well, they will get the applause they deserve. I don't think there was too much booing on Saturday was there?

FWIW, I don't think we were dire on Saturday, just played at too slow a tempo for too long.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 15:56:25 »

If the team puts in the hard yards and plays well, they will get the applause they deserve. I don't think there was too much booing on Saturday was there?

FWIW, I don't think we were dire on Saturday, just played at too slow a tempo for too long.
Was a bit at the final whistle, but to get the fans excited and noisy you have to produce more than the crap they produced in the first half, the atmosphere was good in the second half but dropped off after we scored - as did the performance.  Perhaps he couldn't hear the fans because of the yawns and snoring from the Arkells and that fucking drum!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: