Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phone upgrade..  (Read 5150 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:38:54 »

Got Samsung S5 - great phone - until the recent lolipop upgrade

Mobile World Congress begining of march all the new phones will be on display to show what is being released - other than Apple

Samsung to show off S6 has already been leaked
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:45:05 »

Got Samsung S5 - great phone - until the recent lolipop upgrade

Mobile World Congress begining of march all the new phones will be on display to show what is being released - other than Apple

Samsung to show off S6 has already been leaked

I hear the S6 is going to be great... apparently the gulf between the S4 & S5 wasn't that much, but the S5-S6 is supposed to be quite substantial.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 11:35:05 »

The whispers of the Galaxy S6 do make it sound great!

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 01:09:08 »

Oh... I thought 'fuck it' and upgraded early...

I went for the LG G3... it's fantastic! (So far)...

I really like the Android side of things so far.

My only 'issue' is that I am struggling to connect to me works WiFi... it's connecting ok then coming up with the prompt that it can't connect to the internet... I checked my iPad and the WiFi isn't down... some whispers online suggest hard resets, soft resets, clearing cache... using the WiFi analyzer app etc.... Not a fucking clue..

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 21:35:30 »

I've just recently changed from a Nexus 4 to a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

In terms of usability, I find them mostly the same. You're not going to notice performance differences on top end phones, apps are the same regardless of hardware (unless you like the manufacturer bloatware) however the battery life on the Sony is amazing. I can easily go two days without a charge.

I like the dedicated camera button on the Sony too. Makes it easy to launch the camera from the lock screen when you want to take a quick photo.

Just got this phone today. Have you got a case for it (which you could recommend?)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 06:51:02 »

I don't use a case. I have a tempered glass screen protector on the front and a Dbrand skin on the back.

The screen protector has saved my phone once already and the skin on the back stops the rear glass from getting scratched.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 12:09:44 »

When I upgraded to an S5 recently I got a tempered glass screen protector and didn't think I'd really need it. Holy fuck am I glad I did get it - dropped the phone screen-down on the corner of my dumbells and saw a tiny deep impact point so went 'FUCK' thinking I'd need a new screen. Nope! My phone is still good as new. Amazed. For £2.50 I am buying another one and would advise everyone to.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 14:57:01 »

Got a tempered glass protector and a cheap case for now. I use a magnetic phone holder so need a case or I have to stick the plate to my phone

EDIT: Here's the case I now have, much better. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruzerlite-Bugdroid-Circuit-Xperia-Compact/dp/B00NX8CG4E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433850964&sr=1-1&keywords=bugdroid+z3+compact+smoke

It completely covers the Micro SD door though so for charging I'm using a magnetic charge cable at home and the dock at work. Though I'm not having to charge at home during the week as the battery life is so good Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: