Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phone upgrade..  (Read 5227 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:13:27 »

Ok, I know there's been a thread about this somewhere before, but I can't be fucked to trawl through.

My upgrade is due at the beginning of June, so I'm starting to look around at what's out there...

I've always had an iPhone, I have an iMac and an iPad, so needless to say, I'm quite a fan of Apple.

Now, I quite fancy a change, and I've heard that Samsung's are very good?

Anyone care to give me their opinion on the Galaxy range? Also the HTC and Sony phones... Performance, battery life, quality of apps, usability etc....

Again, I'm not overly fussed by staying with the iPhone (currently iPhone 5) as I have the iPad and iMac for when I'm around the house anyway.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:48:05 »

I've just recently changed from a Nexus 4 to a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

In terms of usability, I find them mostly the same. You're not going to notice performance differences on top end phones, apps are the same regardless of hardware (unless you like the manufacturer bloatware) however the battery life on the Sony is amazing. I can easily go two days without a charge.

I like the dedicated camera button on the Sony too. Makes it easy to launch the camera from the lock screen when you want to take a quick photo.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:53:21 »

I've just recently changed from a Nexus 4 to a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

In terms of usability, I find them mostly the same. You're not going to notice performance differences on top end phones, apps are the same regardless of hardware (unless you like the manufacturer bloatware) however the battery life on the Sony is amazing. I can easily go two days without a charge.

I like the dedicated camera button on the Sony too. Makes it easy to launch the camera from the lock screen when you want to take a quick photo.

Funnily enough, the guy in Carphone Warehouse said that the Z3 was a helluva phone.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:53:34 »

I always fail to see the hype of Iphones. Spec wise they are no better than most android offerings these days and Android is a much better operating system if you are not a tech novice.

I must admit though I'm out of the loop a bit on phones these days as I don't bother with contracts anymore. Got a Moto G on the cheap last year and its a decent little phone for the money. Saves me paying out 40 quid a month and being tied down to a crap network for 2 years.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 09:17:19 »

I've got a Samsung Note 3 Neo. It's quite big, and spec wise is just between the S4 and the S5. Got it for £257 off Amazon - £200 cheaper than the S5.

I love it.

Looks like I got it at the right time because it's over £300 now Smiley

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IBD7JZC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 09:21:15 »

My HTC One M8 is the best phone I've ever owned by a mile. Fast, responsive, looks good, excellent battery life.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 09:28:41 »

My HTC One M8 is the best phone I've ever owned by a mile. Fast, responsive, looks good, excellent battery life.
I have this phone too and agree. It's a cracking phone but I am not at all techy so have no idea how it compares with other phones.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 10:23:28 »

not exactly upgrade material, but for a child/wife asda have the moto E for £30. its very limited in storage, and the camera is rubbish/no flash/front facing camera, but £30... I can't get over its only £30.

nothing to do with the original question but....
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 10:27:41 »

not exactly upgrade material, but for a child/wife asda have the moto E for £30. its very limited in storage, and the camera is rubbish/no flash/front facing camera, but £30... I can't get over its only £30.

nothing to do with the original question but....

Haha, thanks anyway  Wink

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 10:51:53 »

I have an xperia Z1. Decent phone with a superb camera.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 19:54:35 »

I switched to an Android Sony Xperia, which for price is superb.

However every now and then it slows down and lags but using the Clean Master app its usually an app that is slowly down and frequently restarting which one removed it solves the problem.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 20:21:05 »

Just get the iPhone 6. 64gb. £29 a month from apple, £15 a month unlimited data sim-only contract from Three. Job done. You won't find better for £44 pcm with no upfront cost.

Although obvs depends what you want to do.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 21:06:29 »

Samsung S5, outstanding smartphone & camera
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 21:38:23 »

Had several iPhones on the bounce then had a Samsung Galaxy S4. Was disappointed and switched back to the Apple gang as soon as contract was up.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 23:33:11 »

I've still got my HTC Desire. I think it's about old enough to be considered 'retro' as smartphones go.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: