Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe United Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38568 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 17:01:26 »

Not been any media reply to the Luongo buy back clause, which seems strange.

Thought Sam may have had an insight into it.

If Spurs had the chance to buy back Luongo on the cheap from us, why would they have shelled out £5m on Delle Ali from Franchise. Pretty sure there are rules to prevent buying and selling immediately, certainly Premier to Premier League in the same window. They would also have to shell out on agents fees twice to shift on.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 17:45:45 »

The Luongo buy back for £400k story doesn't stack up.  It amounts to a 100% sell on clause.  Spurs would buy him back, regardless of whether they actually needed him, to then (possibly) sell on themselves at a profit.  Makes no sense.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 17:54:19 »

Didnt Jed broker the deal? They probably supplied the illuminous advertising as part of it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 17:56:25 »

It does indeed sound bobbins. As you say, how would that work, "Hi Spurs its Lee Power here. We are just about to sell Luongo for £3M, if you don't want him back for 400K obviously". "£3M, well actually Lee..."...

But the Adver seem to quote Luongo :

“They could buy me for what they sold me for, but obviously I am not in their plans, which is fine," he added.

Maybe there is some clause that means they could but couldn't resell within.... Or maybe its bobbins. Most odd.
lambourn red

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 19:55:34 »

What time do you reckon Thor will be back on here? I bet he is having a wank getting ready to post on the 3 forums.

I see the Oxygen stealer has just arrived
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 00:53:30 »

The Luongo buy back for £400k story doesn't stack up.  It amounts to a 100% sell on clause.  Spurs would buy him back, regardless of whether they actually needed him, to then (possibly) sell on themselves at a profit.  Makes no sense.
As reported, not it doesn't. But given that a five-year old could work that out (as is evidenced by the fact many of us on here have done so), then if such a clause exists, presumably it's hedged with some kind of "right to buy him back at the original price as long as you don't sell him straight on within the same season" clause. Unless this was one of Jed's deals. In which case the whole "obvious to a five-year old" thing doesn't really apply
Flashheart

« Reply #291 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 09:39:53 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_  14m14 minutes ago
Swindon Town chairman Lee Power when asked by Link Sport 'do Spurs have a £400k buy back clause on Massimo Luongo?': "No." Blunt.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:58:36 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_  14m14 minutes ago
Swindon Town chairman Lee Power when asked by Link Sport 'do Spurs have a £400k buy back clause on Massimo Luongo?': "No." Blunt.

That can be buried along with the we have to play Swift rumour then.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 14:02:10 »

That can be buried along with the we have to play Swift rumour then.

Where is Chang?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 14:07:15 »

Where is Chang?

According to my atlas, in the Pakistan bit of Punjab....
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:04:32 »

any body heard rumours that Luongo absence on Saturday was more to do with spat with Lee Power than a last minute groin strain? According to my friend Power not happy with him indicating that he wanted away and that he has done a Branco on him and refused to play him.......any truth in any of that or is he talking out of his arse?
Tom Bassam's choice of words suggests may be something to it......
Massimo Luongo’s absence was the major talking point of Cooper’s team selection. The Aussie apparently left behind in Wiltshire with a groin injury.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:10:21 »

Safe to assume he's talking bollocks
Flashheart

« Reply #297 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:11:53 »

Wait. So the inclusion of the word 'apparently' somehow lends credence to said rumour?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:15:16 »

any body heard rumours that Luongo absence on Saturday was more to do with spat with Lee Power than a last minute groin strain? According to my friend Power not happy with him indicating that he wanted away and that he has done a Branco on him and refused to play him.......any truth in any of that or is he talking out of his arse?
Tom Bassam's choice of words suggests may be something to it......
Massimo Luongo’s absence was the major talking point of Cooper’s team selection. The Aussie apparently left behind in Wiltshire with a groin injury.

I saw Luongo on Thursday and he looked fine, so could well be something in it.
kerry red

« Reply #299 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:18:01 »

Fucking ridiculous.

Power is going to sell Mass whether we go up or not - everyone accepts that. So what difference does it make if Mass says it as well.

Obviously there is previous with Branco but that was a contract dispute.

Now the window is shut and all everyone wants is promotion, what would be the benefit of dropping Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: