Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket World Cup  (Read 36342 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 19:37:17 »

That was the tour that got Moores sacked the first time round and Flower appointed, no?

Anyone hear James Whittaker talking to Pat Murphy on the radio? I love Murphy as an interviewer, he gives people as much rope as they'll take and Whittaker took plenty.

May well have been...although Strauss was captain, and I kind of think KP was captain when Moores was sacked, so not sure.

Didn't hear that, but Murphy is good as you say.....

In a funny way, I'd like to see the Windies do good....cricket needs them, I was raised on their greats, and it's painful to see the current generation being so shoddy in Test cricket.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 04:56:11 »

Was at Eden Park last night and watched possibly the most fantastic game of 50 over cricket ever..!!!

What a team can achieve with an excellent management and a group of young players who really believe everything is possible.

Possibly only a couple of NZ players would have been considered for a place in England side prior to this event starting.

However, every NZ player has proven better than their English counter parts.     

Not sure if they can achieve such quality in the final on Sunday....but, fuck they were top shelf last night.   Pint

COYMR's

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 12:08:23 »

Hope NZ win the final. Where's the final played? Hopefully Basin Reserve, although probably too small in reality.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 12:25:49 »

Possibly only a couple of NZ players would have been considered for a place in England side prior to this event starting.
However, every NZ player has proven better than their English counter parts.     

Not really right....I'd have said that from the start maybe only Buttler, from the England team would get in the Kiwi team.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 12:36:19 »

Hope NZ win the final. Where's the final played? Hopefully Basin Reserve, although probably too small in reality.

At the MCG, in Australia.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 12:51:20 »

Not really right....I'd have said that from the start maybe only Buttler, from the England team would get in the Kiwi team.

Think the truth is somewhere on between- certainly before the tournament NZ were picked as having 6-7 great players - Bmac, Kane, Southee, Boult, Corey Andersom, Taylor but there were questions over the rest of the XI- which is why the fact that they've got this far is impressive, but more impressive that fringe players like Grant Eliott and Martin Guptill have played a huge role.

Fwiw before the tournament I'd have put in Moeen for Guptill, Buttler for Ronchi, Root for Elliott and Anderson for Henry/Milne. So not a majority but certainly a few from england.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 14:48:12 »

Think the truth is somewhere on between- certainly before the tournament NZ were picked as having 6-7 great players - Bmac, Kane, Southee, Boult, Corey Andersom, Taylor but there were questions over the rest of the XI- which is why the fact that they've got this far is impressive, but more impressive that fringe players like Grant Eliott and Martin Guptill have played a huge role.

Fwiw before the tournament I'd have put in Moeen for Guptill, Buttler for Ronchi, Root for Elliott and Anderson for Henry/Milne. So not a majority but certainly a few from england.

I remember Guptill battering us around the park in England for 180 odd, 2013?,  a kind of Kiwi Hales, who of course doesn't get picked for us.....I wouldn't have Jimmy anywhere near a white ball team.  Moeen might get a look if Vetori was injured again....but he's a class above anything we've got.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 15:03:46 »

At the MCG, in Australia.

Should have guessed really, that will be an awesome atmosphere If the Aussies make the final.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 11:29:17 »

It's the host nation final :

Aussies vs The Kiwis

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: