Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket World Cup  (Read 36354 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 08:47:11 »

Remember that the ECB moved the Ashes to last winter in order to give us the best possible chance to prepare for this tournament.

As it was we chopped and changed constantly over the last few years, persisted with a painfully unsuited captain until the last moment, then changed it to another player with better skills but no form whatsoever and then changed our number three for no apparent reason at the start of the tournament.

You reap what you sow and we've sown total chaos.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:21:06 »

Remember that the ECB moved the Ashes to last winter in order to give us the best possible chance to prepare for this tournament.

As it was we chopped and changed constantly over the last few years, persisted with a painfully unsuited captain until the last moment, then changed it to another player with better skills but no form whatsoever and then changed our number three for no apparent reason at the start of the tournament.

This!  Doh Doh :gay:
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:39:17 »

Bet Cook's KP's laughing his tits off
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 10:42:23 »

I know this was the excuse wheeled out, but it has always struck me that the reason for messing with the Test program, was to milk The Ashes cow, probably at the behest of Sky.

Heads should roll for this farce...from the ECB....selectors....Moores and his coaching staff.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:21:51 »

I know this was the excuse wheeled out, but it has always struck me that the reason for messing with the Test program, was to milk The Ashes cow, probably at the behest of Sky.

But they didn't get another series out of it did they? They just went from 3 tournaments spaced evenly 1.5 years apart to one after 6 months and then a long break.

I'm as cynical as the next man about the ECB but I probably believe the reasoning on this one, it was just horribly managed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 11:33:44 »

But they didn't get another series out of it did they? They just went from 3 tournaments spaced evenly 1.5 years apart to one after 6 months and then a long break.

I'm as cynical as the next man about the ECB but I probably believe the reasoning on this one, it was just horribly managed.

I'm sure you're right....by what has annoyed me, is we used to have home Ashes series every 4 years....so 2005, 2009, 2013, but we've another this summer....so when's the next after 2015?
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 12:14:32 »

Peter Moores couldn't lead a horse to cunting water, never mind an international cricket "team"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 12:19:00 »

Peter Moores couldn't lead a horse to cunting water, never mind an international cricket "team"

Got to go....bring in Jason Gillespie.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 19:54:04 »

England v Scotland tonight.

Am I a traitor to the cause if I think I might actually quite like a Scotland win? I'm sick of the media training bullshit cliches spouted by everyone involved in this set up and I'd love to see them talk about executing skills correctly if they lose to a semi-pro team. For the long term of the England team, it might not be a terrible idea.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 19:55:22 »

Get rid of the Yes men and bring in forward thinking selectors coaches whatever. I'd like Scotland to win too.
kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 19:55:58 »

Didn't work after we got beaten by Ireland.

Cricket is the ultimate old boys network.

Chin chin!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 20:14:04 »

Although I hold the present coach in particular contempt at this level - along with the management team - England one-day teams, with tiresome regularity, tend to be dismantled after the world cup and then, again just before the next one.

When will the chin chinners ever fall on THEIR swords?

Here I am hoping the Scots give us a deserved bloody nose (only at cricket, mind) even if, in my dreams, I would be cheerleading if we were up against Aus in the final
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 20:17:44 »

England v Scotland tonight.

Am I a traitor to the cause if I think I might actually quite like a Scotland win? I'm sick of the media training bullshit cliches spouted by everyone involved in this set up and I'd love to see them talk about executing skills correctly if they lose to a semi-pro team. For the long term of the England team, it might not be a terrible idea.

I've thought exactly the same would be a laugh....much the best if our lot make an early departure, rather than prolong the agony, so they can go and practise getting it in good areas elsewhere.

Another thought....why is Mark Ramprakash the batting coach....a serial bottler at the highest level?
kerry red

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 22:18:05 »

Whenever I hear Mark Ramprakash's name the number 28 always springs to mind.

Not a bad start against the sweaties
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 22:20:48 »

The Scottish kit is lovely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: