Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30032 times)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 22:40:02 »

First 20 minutes, abysmal. Other than that you would've been hard pushed to say we didn't deserve something from the game.

Opening goal came from our throw on halfway and a ball over the top into the space vacated by Turnbull for the throw. Stephens was claiming offside afterwards but to no avail. You've probably heard the second. It was as bad as it sounded.

We couldn't hold the ball up first half and second half we missed a couple of gilt edged chances. They could and probably should've hit us on the break.

Similarly to Fleetwood, I thought our football would come good in the end but the head start they were given was insurmountable. Oldham defended well, sat in and wasted time from around 30 mins, which is understandable.

Scunthorpe is a big game now, can't imagine as many having off-days again?! Will be a good indicator of our promotion credentials.

Gladwin faded badly second half (still not fully fit), Luongo came into the game more after a disappointing first half and the two strikers were awful before the break but played much better in the second.

Williams/Stephens were pretty annoyed at FT, which was pleasing to see.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 22:45:31 »

Swindon....Bubble....Burst....PNE....Going Up.

Fuck me, did Preston win? Must be months since you won a game. Well done.

Is that nurse calling?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 22:48:28 »

Minor blip, every team has one at some point.

We know this team has pure quality throughout, there's no need to worry.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 22:52:10 »

Fuck me, did Preston win? Must be months since you won a game. Well done.

Is that nurse calling?

Sounds like she's just sat Thor down on a commode and he's squeezing out a constipated crap....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 22:59:10 »

Thor...like....beans
lambourn red

« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 23:05:16 »

Fuck me that was cold I thought I was witnessing another Cheltenham but once we calmed the fuck down we took control and should have got a point
Smith and obkia were shit and Hylton looked more threatening than both of them together
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 23:07:05 by lambourn red » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 23:07:02 »

Swindon....Bubble....Burst....PNE....Going Up.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 08:17:36 »

Oldham fans very complimentary on their forum with most saying we are the best side they have faced this season.

Shame we had an abysmal first 20
lambourn red

« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 08:29:00 »

For anyone who is interested there were 233 Town fans last night, after sleeping on it I still can't work out how we lost last night we just need to be more clinical around the edge of the box. The other thing is we had 12 corners and at no point did we threaten  the goalkeeper with any of them.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 08:55:20 »

If we are to become a real threat again, Smith and Obika need to rediscover a way to get themselves back onto the scoresheet regularly.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:37:11 »

Just reading through the Oldham forum, they are very good winners, giving us a lot of credit. I'm only on page 2/5 but its making me feel better about the defeat -

'they are as good a side as I have seen this season and the number 4 was utter quality.' is the highlight so far.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:42:48 »

We'd be even closer if we hadn't kicked your sorry ass earlier this year.

Batch pissed on yours Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:44:03 »

Just reading through the Oldham forum, they are very good winners, giving us a lot of credit. I'm only on page 2/5 but its making me feel better about the defeat -

'they are as good a side as I have seen this season and the number 4 was utter quality.' is the highlight so far.

Must be some mistake.  Hmmm   According to those clowns on OTIB, fans on every other League 1 club's forum share their view that we are just a bunch of dirty cheats.  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:55:24 »

Must be some mistake.  Hmmm   According to those clowns on OTIB, fans on every other League 1 club's forum share their view that we are just a bunch of dirty cheats. 

Not one comment about us going down easily although a couple did say Branco should have been sent off.

Hopefully a fresh Nathan Thompson and Byrne back on Saturday

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:56:31 »

Read the Oldham fan's view on Wurzel Web, under 'Swindon reputation'. Critical of our players attitudes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: