Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29924 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 16:31:05 »

1-2 Smith and Luongo.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 16:39:12 »

Getting proper pre-match nerves for this one.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 16:39:21 »

0-4 four goals from our starting strike pairing of Smith and Hylton to go top of the league, COYR STFC
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 17:18:51 »

Getting proper pre-match nerves for this one.

Likewise. I just want Town to go up is all!
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 17:21:22 »

I have spent many a freezing cold night at Boundary Park but sadly have managed to miss out on most of our occasional triumphs there. Can't make it again tonight so hope that that signals a 3-1 win wit Massimo, Williams and Obika getting the goals

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:17:09 »

Very nervous. A win would be a fantastic indicator that we mean business. I hope we return to two up top. Playing two out and our strikers is one of our best features, I think. Who's left from the midfield, I'm not sure. My gut says Swift but he set up one and won a penalty at the weekend, so he's very difficult to leave out.

I also wonder whether its worth playing Gladwin ahead of Byrne, just to give the latter a timely kick up the backside and help him rediscover his early season form. I say that without much knowledge of Oldham or their left back, so we'll see.
kerry red

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:18:19 »

Always play Byrne
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:28:40 »

Always play Byrne

Ditto
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:30:05 »

Can't drop Byrne, hes probably our most consistant quality performer this season overall.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:34:25 »

Yeah POTY will be Interesting, whatever happens the rest of the season, must be 6 or 7 in with a valid shout, which makes a nice change!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:36:47 »

Very nervous. A win would be a fantastic indicator that we mean business. I hope we return to two up top. Playing two out and our strikers is one of our best features, I think. Who's left from the midfield, I'm not sure. My gut says Swift but he set up one and won a penalty at the weekend, so he's very difficult to leave out.

I also wonder whether its worth playing Gladwin ahead of Byrne, just to give the latter a timely kick up the backside and help him rediscover his early season form. I say that without much knowledge of Oldham or their left back, so we'll see.
I agree with dropping Byrne. Has looked in need of a rest for the last 6 or 7 games imo. It's not as if we don't have the quality to come in & I think it'll do him the world of good.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:38:50 »

Yeah POTY will be Interesting, whatever happens the rest of the season, must be 6 or 7 in with a valid shout, which makes a nice change!
I hadn't though of it but yes depending on how the rest of the season goes Byrne, Kas, Mass, Willo must all be in with a great shout of it, with several other in the running like both Thompsons, Turnbull and Stephens as well and due to their age anyone could get young POTY also....although for experience alone it could well go to Gladwin.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:42:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:40:36 »

I'd say Turnbull has been our most consistent performer, considering he had never played a league game at the start of the season, id be tempted to say him.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:40:49 »

I agree with dropping Byrne. Has looked in need of a rest for the last 6 or 7 games imo. It's not as if we don't have the quality to come in & I think it'll do him the world of good.

He's been frustrating in that his final ball is often poor, but he scares the hell out of opposing defenders with his running, which in turn creates opportunities for others. I'd never drop him.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:49:53 »

“@Official_STFC: Town starting XI: Foderingham (C), Branco, Stephens, Turnbull, Gladwin, Kasim, Thompson L, Luongo, Toffolo, Obika, Smith #STFC”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: