Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley official matchday thread  (Read 46214 times)
kerry red

« Reply #240 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 10:44:50 »

Yeah, the same fella he steamed through right at the end and got booked.

He's a feisty one is Kasim
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 10:51:34 »

It's 'have'- 'have'.

Three more points and a clean sheet so, despite the moaning points- suicide passes from Wes, Swifty and Byrne dwelling too long on the ball etc. all in all, not a bad days football.

I know he was a bit rusty at the start but, by the end of the game, Mass was playing the best football I have seen him produce. I think he has really benefitted from the Asia Cup experience.

Mrs Fuzzy swears blind that the officials are sightless twats. Apparently Yass got kicked by an opposition player as after's from a foul Yass may have committed. Anyone else see this?

It's 'afters'... Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #242 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:18:38 »

Pity nobody's come up with a clip of Yaser's pirouette - classy!

All of Yaser's touches are in this video. The pirouette is around the 3:30 mark

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1157142234311982

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:40:09 »

So I autotranslated some of those Iraqi Facebook comments.

Neuropharmacological expatriate after like yasser kassym my brothers work doru what put you
Site more than great sherlocks. and god bless you service the ball iraqi
Ykwlwn mtʿark what neuropharmacological alʿrk him with this video
I want to play port and oil south
See i eileanan... A fork into the enemy

Which one do we turn into a chant? "Kasim is a neuropharmacologist."

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:19:23 »

I suspect the deal with Swift is there is no 'you have to play him' but they dont want to piss Chelsea off either by loaning a player and leaving him on the bench, and IF we went up next season we may want to use Chelsea for other loan players, so by putting 1 up front it means we can push Swift up behind williams as the most forward midfielder he is good in an attacking role.

I think we have seen previously that Williams is not at his best on his own up front and Cooper needs to remember that he has scored his 18 goals so far playing alongside a partner.

I'm sure with some tough games coming up though that it may be advisable to rotate our midfield with the options we have to keep them fresh in the run-in.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:24:16 »

The odd mistake taken into account, does anyone feel that our ability to put the ball in such close proximity to the opposition and at risk of interception, is actually part of the tactic.

When teams come here and park the bus you have got to do something in order to break down a well disciplined side.  We have undoubtably got the skills in the team to retain pretty much total possession but as we know fans get frustrated if no forward movement occurs or we lose possession so, somehow we have to get teams to forget their plan, they are, after all, footballers and want possession themselves so why not play it a bit close to them so they think they can get it to pull them out of position - we lay the bait of passing balls in between them or just in front to pull them out and create the gaps in behind - you wouldn't get that if you just played safe and retained possession... obviously the downside is that occasionally  we will put ourselves in trouble with a 'suicide' pass but as far as I see it we have far more upsides than downsides this season and that's intentional.

If you look back to 2013/2014 the intention was there but it was as clinical as this season
« Last Edit: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:28:30 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:40:07 »

Is there anybody who thinks that Swift might have been played because he's been doing very well, whereas Smith and Obika have both struggled in recent times? Cooper's prepared to adjust the formation to play in-form players.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:46:52 »

no, just you.

well probably not..
forward

« Reply #248 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:52:49 »

The odd mistake taken into account, does anyone feel that our ability to put the ball in such close proximity to the opposition and at risk of interception, is actually part of the tactic.

When teams come here and park the bus you have got to do something in order to break down a well disciplined side.  We have undoubtably got the skills in the team to retain pretty much total possession but as we know fans get frustrated if no forward movement occurs or we lose possession so, somehow we have to get teams to forget their plan, they are, after all, footballers and want possession themselves so why not play it a bit close to them so they think they can get it to pull them out of position - we lay the bait of passing balls in between them or just in front to pull them out and create the gaps in behind - you wouldn't get that if you just played safe and retained possession... obviously the downside is that occasionally  we will put ourselves in trouble with a 'suicide' pass but as far as I see it we have far more upsides than downsides this season and that's intentional.

If you look back to 2013/2014 the intention was there but it was as clinical as this season

I'd agree to a point. But most of Saturday's blunders came well into the second half. And when you're a goal up with 10-15 to play, surely doing the basics right to protect the lead is the priority.
Flashheart

« Reply #249 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:56:54 »

Is there anybody who thinks that Swift might have been played because he's been doing very well, whereas Smith and Obika have both struggled in recent times? Cooper's prepared to adjust the formation to play in-form players.

What, you mean to say that Cooper might just be choosing what he thinks is the team most likely to get a result?

Madness.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 13:59:23 »

Pity nobody's come up with a clip of Yaser's pirouette - classy!

There is an Iraqi professional players page on Facebook.
They a video on earlier of Kasims touch's in the Barnsley game.
Click you want is about 3.30 in.
Have no i how to link it here dea
kerry red

« Reply #251 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:02:34 »

The theory is great.

Keep possession for 60+% makes it more likely we can score whilst at the same time less likely the opposition will.

Cooper reckoned he changed it cos that % was down recently and we were a bit more open.

Surely a lot of that was down to Mass and Yas being away. Now they're back I see no reason not to retain 2 up front.

Then again, I would like to retain Swift. Something's gotta give.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #252 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:03:41 »

There is an Iraqi professional players page on Facebook.
They a video on earlier of Kasims touch's in the Barnsley game.
Click you want is about 3.30 in.
Have no i how to link it here dea

What like this 8 posts up! Wink

All of Yaser's touches are in this video. The pirouette is around the 3:30 mark

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1157142234311982

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:10:02 »

possession is good early on, wear the opposition out, damage then later.

personally I think cooper picked the best players, rather than the most effective system. sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

in any case it's not really the matter of whether copper was right or wrong, we won 2-0. its about our own opinions, which seem split.

let's see what he does tomorrow to try and consolidate on Franchise surprise loss tonight.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 14:14:43 »

What like this 8 posts up! Wink

Embarrassed indeed
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: