Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley official matchday thread  (Read 46237 times)
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 14:55:18 »

Yeah! I enjoyed that. Brought a cheer from the crowd as well.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #226 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 15:36:03 »

What was it. I bought a ticket but missed it!
563 i think

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 16:14:31 »

ooooh so close. only 218 away.

thanks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 16:29:18 »

A few points from yesterday -

* good numbers, 8,000 + but the atmosphere is still appalling.
* 2 pieces of brilliant skill during the match, kasim's pirouette and swifts' kind of draggy thing where he passed the ball to toffolo through the defender's legs in front of the DRS.
* another dismal penalty
* Byrne's frustrating play where he seems to run too fast for his legs. His decision making at times can be irritating after plenty of good industry.
* the dribbling retard at the top left corner of the DRS. He normally abuses Byrne but yesterday made the amazing shout 'send Swift back to Chelsea'.
* Surprised luongo and kasim played the whole game bearing in mind their recent endeavours and the fact we have a game Tuesday and Sunday.
* I know Cooper said he would take the blame for Wes playing suicide passes but against good sides we would have conceded at least twice yesterday. For me not a risk worth taking.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 16:36:55 »

Also the pitch seemed to be really slippy yesterday. Louis Thompson stretched to keep the ball in only to present it straight to a Barnsley player who could have ran up the wing, instead for some bizarre reason he belted it out of play for no apparent reason!

The pitch is cutting up a bit this season, not as bad as many others in the league but it's far from perfect.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 18:28:28 »

we got the three points yersterday against a poor side.
i didnt enjoy watching, was pretty slow 2nd gear stuff with some kamikaze fucking about at the back.
we wernt our best, we've played excellently with 3-5-2 all season and we have 4 strikers in the matchday squad... if it aint broke dont fix it IMO.

Will be interesting keeping the strikers happy if we persist with a single striker. They have all delivered goals throughout the season which have given us success so they might feel a bit peeved to now only find one slot. Hopefully it's a horses for courses approach dependent on opponents as Cooper must have learnt from the Kevin McDonald era that trying to switch tactics drastically in February/March doesn't work. Guess we need to give Cooper & Co the benefit as they know more than we do.
kerry red

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 18:40:06 »

Seems it should be more of an away game set-up.

Possession is the mantra
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 19:02:20 »

But our away form is great:
Away P14 W 8 D 3 L 3 , F 28 A 14
Home P14 W 9 D 3 L 2, F 26 A 13

kerry red

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 19:06:12 »

Tis madness, I tells ya!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 19:12:26 »

My theory was that we played 1 up front to accomodate more 'creative' players to unlock teams that come and park the bus at the CG.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 19:13:48 »

My theory was that we played 1 up front to accomodate more 'creative' players to unlock teams that come and park the bus at the CG.

Yeah, it could just work too. As long as we don't always play it Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 19:17:46 »

Seconded.
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 09:20:20 »

A few points from yesterday -

* good numbers, 8,000 + but the atmosphere is still appalling.
* 2 pieces of brilliant skill during the match, kasim's pirouette and swifts' kind of draggy thing where he passed the ball to toffolo through the defender's legs in front of the DRS.
* another dismal penalty
* Byrne's frustrating play where he seems to run too fast for his legs. His decision making at times can be irritating after plenty of good industry.
* the dribbling retard at the top left corner of the DRS. He normally abuses Byrne but yesterday made the amazing shout 'send Swift back to Chelsea'.
* Surprised luongo and kasim played the whole game bearing in mind their recent endeavours and the fact we have a game Tuesday and Sunday.
* I know Cooper said he would take the blame for Wes playing suicide passes but against good sides we would have conceded at least twice yesterday. For me not a risk worth taking.
Sunday? Has the game been moved?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 09:51:43 »

Sunday? Has the game been moved?

Oops, not sure why I wrote Sunday! Not as far as I know!

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 9, 2015, 10:38:21 »

Should of killed it off a lot sooner and that with one up front....I can never get my head around that at home and doing well.

Williams pen was shit and weak but if the keeper had dived the other way it was a goal and nobody would of been bothered.

I was a bit concerned as wes tried to push the STFC self destruct button and Barnsley looked like scoring.

Crosses weren't great today.

A win is a win and another three points in the bag and six off Barnsley.....can we really bitch about that?....probably Smiley

It's 'have'- 'have'.

Three more points and a clean sheet so, despite the moaning points- suicide passes from Wes, Swifty and Byrne dwelling too long on the ball etc. all in all, not a bad days football.

I know he was a bit rusty at the start but, by the end of the game, Mass was playing the best football I have seen him produce. I think he has really benefitted from the Asia Cup experience.

Mrs Fuzzy swears blind that the officials are sightless twats. Apparently Yass got kicked by an opposition player as after's from a foul Yass may have committed. Anyone else see this?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: