Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley official matchday thread  (Read 46191 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 09:10:48 »

Its odd to change it. I'm not as dismissive as Chang's claim, though if he's right it'll be down to guesswork I'm sure, but I'm not discounting Cooper trying to keep everyone happy.

I highly doubt Power would roll over to such demands from Chelsea or any other team loaning us players. We had this last season with the Spurs guys and it proved to be bollocks.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #211 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 09:31:11 »

Maybe, just maybe, Cooper thought he picked the best team and formation he could to beat Barnsley. Seeing as we won 2 - 0, maybe, just maybe, he was right.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 09:31:18 »

I highly doubt Power would roll over to such demands from Chelsea or any other team loaning us players. We had this last season with the Spurs guys and it proved to be bollocks.

Yes you are probably right, the change in formation at home, against Barnsley still doesn't make sense to me. But we won anyway so it doesn't yet matter.

To be honest even if it was true he could have deferred it to next week and justifiably rested Luongo. Or switched it when he did eventually take Swift off.
----
Obika is fast becoming the forgotten man, its good having all these options though!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 09:32:18 »

Maybe, just maybe, Cooper thought he picked the best team and formation he could to beat Barnsley. Seeing as we won 2 - 0, maybe, just maybe, he was right.

Maybe he was.

I didn't enjoy it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #214 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 09:34:02 »

If Williams scored the penno and the one on one and Luongo's offside one was given we'd have won 5 - 0. I thought it was a decent game. We looked shaky in the second half, scored against the run of play and that was that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 09:37:39 »

Ha, I thought we looked comfortable in the second half if not threatening. Like we had a gear to step up, and we finished it stronger than we started.

You are absolutely right, it should have been 4 or 5. Williams pen, the header, the Williams effort in the second half. Not sure how Barnsley put the rebound from Wes' save wide either.

But for all that I thought we looked  bit one dimensional. BUT given I give the opposition no credit whatsoever it could be the case we were exactly as good as we needed to be.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #216 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 12:11:33 »

I was two off the half time draw... I will win it one day!!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 12:15:20 »

I was two off the half time draw... I will win it one day!!

What was it. I bought a ticket but missed it!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 13:05:03 »

Maybe he was.

I didn't enjoy it.

With you on this...

Trade off to getting results I suppose....we won, so happy enough.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 13:33:07 »

With you on this...

Trade off to getting results I suppose....we won, so happy enough.

Yeah, my biggest concern wasn't yesterday, its that our away form compared to last season is chalk and cheese. My belief is that was down to formation change in part.

And before anyone says it, yes Cooper is better qualified to make the call, yes we could win every game with 1 up, yes we may not even play with 1 up again this season, etc, etc.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 13:39:49 »

we got the three points yersterday against a poor side.
i didnt enjoy watching, was pretty slow 2nd gear stuff with some kamikaze fucking about at the back.
we wernt our best, we've played excellently with 3-5-2 all season and we have 4 strikers in the matchday squad... if it aint broke dont fix it IMO.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 13:58:00 »

Clems Army!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 14:06:29 »

A win is a win. After the defeat at Sheffield Umited it was important the boys responded. I felt they did. 2 defeats on the trot could have caused a wobble but the promotion charge is very much full steam ahead.
Flashheart

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 14:21:41 »

What the fuck was Williams thinking with that penalty?
kerry red

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 14:23:57 »

Pity nobody's come up with a clip of Yaser's pirouette - classy!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: