Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley official matchday thread  (Read 46211 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 20:02:36 »

I would echo the calls for the usual two up top, however I think today's set up will have a part to play on the road later this season.

With us obliged to start Swift as I pointed out shortly after his signing, I am not really sure who would miss out though - I would class Kasim, Luongo and Thompson as undroppable.

A professional job done in the end.
I really really don't believe that a pre-requisite of us signing Swift was that he had to play. If it was, it would have been really easy for Cooper to have started with Mass on the bench (he wouldn't have been dropping him as he obviously hadn't played in the last few games). He could have easily accommodated Swift without having to change the formation.

Rightly or wrongly, that was the formation Cooper wanted to play. I can't believe it had anything to do with having to play Swift.

P.S. Where is Jason Roberts? Do you think his sat nav is bust? Frankly, I'm more than a little worried  Huh?
kerry red

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 20:09:42 »

Maybe the reason Swift was signed til season's end instead of just covering Mass' absence was that Luongo was expected to leave in the window.

Swift was soon dragged back to Chelsea when Fatty Boy didn't start him
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 20:17:53 »

Maybe the reason Swift was signed til season's end instead of just covering Mass' absence was that Luongo was expected to leave in the window.

Swift was soon dragged back to Chelsea when Fatty Boy didn't start him
Then again, if Chelsea did recall him, what could they do with him? They wouldn't be able to loan him out again would they?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 20:19:02 »

P.S. Where is Jason Roberts? Do you think his sat nav is bust? Frankly, I'm more than a little worried  Huh?

broken down on the M4 with Steve Lomas and Sheena Easton

I come from a land down-under
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 20:35:20 »

Damn right....this is when it starts to get really difficult.   Had to chuckle reading Barney Ronay in today's Guardian on cold and Oldham....

Fuck nose how mass and Kas will cope with this...

Never been to Colchester ?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 21:20:48 »

broken down on the M4 with Steve Lomas and Sheena Easton
Of course  Yes
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 21:24:34 »

Just my few pence worth.  It was a routine victory.  Didn't extend ourselves, should have been out of sight by half time but missed the pen and a few other chances.  Never felt like we were going to lose, even though as is usual with us these days we tried to give them a chance.

No one was outstanding, no one was shit.

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 21:25:01 »

Damn right....this is when it starts to get really difficult.   Had to chuckle reading Barney Ronay in today's Guardian on cold and Oldham....

Fuck nose how mass and Kas will cope with this...
But don't forget Reg, Franchise have to go the the ploughed field that is Valley Parade just over 48 hours after a tough game against the 73ers, or whatever we're calling them these days.

Now that's not what you would call an easy fixture  Hmmm
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 23:38:16 »

Should of killed it off a lot sooner and that with one up front....I can never get my head around that at home and doing well.

Williams pen was shit and weak but if the keeper had dived the other way it was a goal and nobody would of been bothered.

I was a bit concerned as wes tried to push the STFC self destruct button and Barnsley looked like scoring.

Crosses weren't great today.

A win is a win and another three points in the bag and six off Barnsley.....can we really bitch about that?....probably Smiley

Clems Army!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 23:47:57 »

On the crosses I thought Swift played well but his crossing was poor.  Failed to beat the first man on every corner really.  Toffolo crossing was also poor but he did at least once got it in onto Smiths head extremely nicely.

Never knowingly overstated.
kerry red

« Reply #205 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 01:05:51 »

Mind you, we played the whole of last season with 1 up front - either Ranger or Smith - so it's hardly something new.
Qasser the Lion

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 01:39:23 »

The amount of iraqi's that were talking and watching this game was excellent. take a look at this page for example .. https://www.facebook.com/IraqiProPlayers?fref=photo

we wish Yaser and Swindon town all the best..looking forward to the next match  Thumb
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 02:05:14 »

Quote from: Qasser the Lion It's nk=topic=55527.msg1311036#msg1311036 date=1423359563
The amount of iraqi's that were talking and watching this game was excellent. take a look at this page for example .. https://www.facebook.com/IraqiProPlayers?fref=photo

we wish Yaser and Swindon town all the best..looking forward to the next match  Thumb

Thanks for your continued support. I must admit I love the  translations on facebook.

Please keep up the good work. It's great being so international.
Flashheart

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 06:10:18 »

With us obliged to start Swift as I pointed out shortly after his signing,

Be quiet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, February 8, 2015, 08:36:45 »

Mind you, we played the whole of last season with 1 up front - either Ranger or Smith - so it's hardly something new.

Its odd to change it. I'm not as dismissive as Chang's claim, though if he's right it'll be down to guesswork I'm sure, but I'm not discounting Cooper trying to keep everyone happy.

The reason I think its odd is partly because we did persist with it last year to lesser success, and because of quotes like this from Cooperman himself

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/cooper-its-been-a-good-year-2172995.aspx

“It’s been a good year,” he said. “If you look back on the calendar year and look how many points to games ratio I think it would be really high especially when we went to the 3-5-2 formation.

He could of course change it back again next game..who knows
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: