Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley official matchday thread  (Read 46203 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:14:35 »

18 points clear of Sheff Utd in 7th and 17 points clear of Oldham in 6th place.....nice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:16:25 »

18 points clear of Sheff Utd in 7th and 17 points clear of Oldham in 6th place.....nice.

19 points clear of Peterborough but Darren Ferguson might not have noticed that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:17:23 »

Att 8380.

Not everyone will be happy with that but anything over 8k will do for me at the moment.
And over 8k were Town fans too.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:18:04 »

19 points clear of Peterborough but Darren Ferguson might not have noticed that.
Keep your head out the way of that radar Wink

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:19:57 »

Well deserved victory but a very sloppy performance over all.  Why change a winning formation, guess he has to play Swift - who wasn't at his best today.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:23:44 »

Att 8380.

Not everyone will be happy with that but anything over 8k will do for me at the moment.

Over 8,000 Town fans there.  Nothing wrong there.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:27:45 »

Over 8,000 Town fans there.  Nothing wrong there.
Good.

Then we are agreed.  Yes
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:28:24 »

Got there in the end.
kerry red

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:35:38 »

Well deserved victory but a very sloppy performance over all.  Why change a winning formation, guess he has to play Swift - who wasn't at his best today.

Disagree about Swift. He and Mass make for a very classy midfield, but it means playing only 1 up front.

Could and should have had a hatful today - well Williams  should - but very comfortable apart from the now regular implosions playing out from the back.

Turnbull is a very, very good footballer - not just CB- and if there is the slightest chance of snaring him with the Luongo money we should push the boat out.

Thought the ref was a strange one - not bad - but he must be the least whistle-happy ref I've seen.

Barnsley look OK but are generally meh
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:36:54 »

We were nowhere near out best today, but thankfully we didn't have to be because, as I said before, Barnsley were about as useful as a team of David Pruttons. In fact they did have a couple of chances, but only because Wes got bored and set them up.

I have literally no idea why we persisted with one up front, especially when it is a) clear Williams isn't a loan gunman, b) it clearly wasn't working. Also Swift wanted to beat everyone twice in the second half, really poor.

Too much of the first half we spent passing the ball around in our defensive third. Slow passing, no urgency.

But we controlled the game. And we won. So that's good.

I hope to hell we don't HAVE to play Swift. We won't go up playing 1 up front for the rest of the season. It may work against the Barnsley type teams, but we'll get found out by the better teams. You can quote me on that.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:38:26 »

Scrappy game, but a win's a win. There was something wrong today but I can't put my finger on it. Whether it was playing one up front or that we're still rusty after the break, our passing and decision making looked a little off today.

Oldham will be a difficult game on Tuesday.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:39:40 »

Disagree about Swift. He and Mass make for a very classy midfield, but it means playing only 1 up front.

Could and should have had a hatful today - well Williams  should - but very comfortable apart from the now regular implosions playing out from the back.

Turnbull is a very, very good footballer - not just CB- and if there is the slightest chance of snaring him with the Luongo money we should push the boat out.

Thought the ref was a strange one - not bad - but he must be the least whistle-happy ref I've seen.

Barnsley look OK but are generally meh

They just read out two texts on the Radio which came in 30 seconds apart. Basically, the first said Swift was MOM, the second said he was utter garbage.

It's all about opinions, as they say.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:40:15 »

Great 3 points nut not a great game. At times it seemed like a practice game. Barnsley were fucking shite and as bad as I've seen this season. We should have been 3 up at half time. Williams penalty was as shit as the Smith efforts and Turnbull should have buried the header. Second half we seemed quite nervy until Gladys came up trumps.
I would have had Stephens as MOM today.
This was one of those games where we tried to walk the ball in the net and against a better team would have paid dearly for some pretty basic unforced defensive fuck ups. Byrne and Swift both need to learn when to release the fucking ball. Williams had no support. We looked off the pace a bit today although vastly superior to Barnsley in every way.
Did I mention Barnsley were total shite.
Great result and plenty room for improvement. Not sure about 1 up front.  
kerry red

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:40:33 »

We were nowhere near out best today, but thankfully we didn't have to be because, as I said before, Barnsley were about as useful as a team of David Pruttons. In fact they did have a couple of chances, but only because Wes got bored and set them up.

I have literally no idea why we persisted with one up front, especially when it is a) clear Williams isn't a loan gunman, b) it clearly wasn't working. Also Swift wanted to beat everyone twice in the second half, really poor.

Too much of the first half we spent passing the ball around in our defensive third. Slow passing, no urgency.

But we controlled the game. And we won. So that's good.

I hope to hell we don't HAVE to play Swift. We won't go up playing 1 up front for the rest of the season. It may work against the Barnsley type teams, but we'll get found out by the better teams. You can quote me on that.

The thing is, though, the vast majority of the other teams are like Barnsley.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 17:43:48 »

The thing is, though, the vast majority of the other teams are like Barnsley.

You think so. I'd have Barnsley as one of the poorest performances I've seen from an away team.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: