Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations Egg Chasing  (Read 16414 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:51:20 »

Matty Collins and Michael Pook were in my school rugby team, so I suppose your statement has some truth.

Didnt matt collins shag that imogen bird from big brother?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 20:18:15 »

I'm sure that was offside...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 23:44:40 »

I am not normally very racist, not even a smidge as it happens, but take that you Taff cunts.

No offence intended, unless taken.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 23:48:55 »

Union's problem, is that too much time is wasted on scrums, line outs and penalties.  It really needs to go down to 13 players, get rid of line outs and reduce the reward for pens....so basically become rugby league.

I'd rate England's chances in Cardiff as between zip and zero....rugby is quite a simple game, presently obfuscated by management speak.  I did like Peter Stringer talking on 5live last night....."Ireland have a simple game plan....run forward with the ball and then get it wide"

Exactly what my old games master used to tell us 50 years ago  Smiley

Reg, as a convert to Union only about 13 years ago or so, can I kindly take your League comments and tell you kindly to fuck off?

Love you. :-)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 23:51:33 »

Union's problem, is that too much time is wasted on scrums, line outs and penalties.  It really needs to go down to 13 players, get rid of line outs and reduce the reward for pens....so basically become rugby league.

I'd rate England's chances in Cardiff as between zip and zero....rugby is quite a simple game, presently obfuscated by management speak.  I did like Peter Stringer talking on 5live last night....."Ireland have a simple game plan....run forward with the ball and then get it wide"

Exactly what my old games master used to tell us 50 years ago  Smiley

Oh dear Reg................
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 23:56:28 »

Take your shitty northern rugby, and stick it. I'll stick to proper rugby thanks.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 09:39:57 »

Jonny May grew up in Wootton Bassett.

I know Dave went to Bradon Forest, so I guess May probably went to Wootton Bassett Comp.

I most certainly did not. Hreod. My mate tells me that May was in their football team too, but would play in rugby boots. I was (and still am) shite at football, so can't verify that

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 09:47:40 »

Oops, sorry Dave. Must be getting you confused with Tails.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 09:59:54 »

Tails went to Bradon so who knows what you're thinking about.

Brilliant second half last night, didn't see that coming at all. I'm looking forward to work on Monday...
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 10:12:42 »

How sweet was that.....beating the welsh on home soil - it doesn`t get much better except perhaps beating the jocks on their own soil....great start to the 6 Nations - which will hopefully be followed by a home win today.

Bathtime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 11:34:40 »

Reg, as a convert to Union only about 13 years ago or so, can I kindly take your League comments and tell you kindly to fuck off?

Love you. :-)

I'm just echoing thoughts which are out there in the rugby world.....this from a piece by Guardian egg chasing journo Robert Kitson...

Another distinguished former Lions forward to whom I spoke last week also said something very interesting. Despite having played in the back row himself, he reckons the day is approaching when union will have little choice but to do away with flankers and become a 13-a-side sport, like rugby league. The reason scarcely needs spelling out: with players getting bigger, stronger and faster, pitches remaining the same size, and the breakdown becoming ever more congested, the amount of creative space available has decreased hugely. At the highest level, the sport continues to mutate ever further away from the game for all shapes and sizes it aspires to be.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:40:12 »

He wasn't really man of the match, but the man of the match was awarded to a 5ft 10 inch 13 stone Fly Half. 

Don't get me wrong, I can watch a League game and enjoy it, but Union has much more complexity that makes it fun.  Beating the Welsh was even more fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: