Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations Egg Chasing  (Read 16509 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 17:01:51 »

It's that time of year again, the 6 Nations starts tomorrow with England vs Wales, and, if your workplace is anything like mine, I suspect you'll all be rather amused at the number of people who have not mentioned any ties across the seven bridge for the previous 10 months and who speak with very English accents who are suddenly declaring themselves Welsh.

Still, I'm partial to a bit of egg chasing and I'm sure I'm not alone on here.

Who do we fancy to win the thing and to shine then? Ireland looked very good in the Autumn Internationals whilst England have a ridiculous injury list, Wales look very strong and even Scotland look much improved.

For me, I think Ireland should win and probably have fixtures to help them do it. Looking forward to seeing how Jonathan Joseph goes for England.

England team to face Wales: (tomorrow night)

Mike Brown (Harlequins); Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby); George Ford (Bath Rugby), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers); Joe Marler (Harlequins), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby), George Kruis (Saracens), James Haskell (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt), Billy Vunipola (Saracens)

Replacements: Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby)
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 17:25:45 »

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I suspect Wales will have too much for a patched up England sire tomorrow. Dont get me wrong, all of the players selected by England are very good players, but the difference in rugby is often about tried & tested partnerships that are needed to get the edge over the opposition particularly at the set piece. While our front row is looking almost back to its best (Corbisiero must get back in when fully fit), its the lineout that worries me. The 2 locks are about 4th & 5th choices really and I've never been a big fan of Haskell, Tom Wood is one of those players who doesnt always do the spectacular stuff but is missed when he's not there.

Hoping desperately that Wales dont win the whole thing, if England get 3 wins they will have done alright.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 17:49:33 »

It's the most open Six Nations for years.  For this reason, I've gone nowhere near the sweepstake this year.  Anything could happen.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:07:25 »

Would really like to get a bit more into it but every time I try to watch a game I find it so bleedin complicated... Rucks, mauls, kicks to touch, refs pointing the wrong way etc.
Is it worth my while having another crack at trying to 'get it'?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:24:49 »

Would really like to get a bit more into it but every time I try to watch a game I find it so bleedin complicated... Rucks, mauls, kicks to touch, refs pointing the wrong way etc.
Is it worth my while having another crack at trying to 'get it'?
No. It's shit.

It's All Good..............
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:37:41 »

Did you know that something like 6 of the last 7 England tries have been scored by Glos players ?

Eat shit Bath boys

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:40:52 »

All down to how the scrum is refereed tomorrow.

If the ref knows what he's doing, England will get a big advantage.
If he doesn't get it right, Wales will be able to nullify a big England threat.

The ref is however French, and they tend to value good scrummaging, so we should be OK
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:48:44 »

Did you know that something like 6 of the last 7 England tries have been scored by Glos players ?

Eat shit Bath boys

How many of them starting tomorrow then?

I think I count 5 Bath...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 18:54:51 »

All down to how the scrum is refereed tomorrow.

If the ref knows what he's doing, England will get a big advantage.
If he doesn't get it right, Wales will be able to nullify a big England threat.

The ref is however French, and they tend to value good scrummaging, so we should be OK

Yeah, Garcès isn't usually that bad. Anyone but Steve Walsh really.

That's a strong front row, the scrum should be a good contest. I do worry about the (relatively) untested backline though. Although I suppose this is all just preparation for the big show later in the year though.

I'll take getting through the tournament without getting our pants pulled down. Having said that, I absolutely hate losing to the Welsh, so a win tomorrow would be lovely.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 20:21:49 »

Come on Wales.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 20:32:38 »

I played rugby against johnny may at school Cool Taught him everything he knows

Things get better but they never get good
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 20:49:12 »

I see the referee giving a penalty and have no idea what for.

Incidentally, watched a national last 16 game my sixth form team were playing yesterday. They/We scored a try and celebrated (as you would), to the referee saying "It's not football get back and play the game."
I don't mind people enjoying rugby, it's just they're so snobbish and always have insecurities of what's the better sport so they insult football; just my views of course.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 21:06:19 »

I see the referee giving a penalty and have no idea what for.

Incidentally, watched a national last 16 game my sixth form team were playing yesterday. They/We scored a try and celebrated (as you would), to the referee saying "It's not football get back and play the game."
I don't mind people enjoying rugby, it's just they're so snobbish and always have insecurities of what's the better sport so they insult football; just my views of course.

It's kind of what you're doing in reverse ?

I've always loved and played both games
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 21:16:56 »

It's kind of what you're doing in reverse ?

I've always loved and played both games

Obviously I have compared rugby to football there, but the point I'm trying to get across is rugby fans always seem to diss football and try and feel like the superior sport, whereas I think football fans largely just let people who play rugby get on with it.
I do have a bias perspective because personally don't like rugby and just get fed up with rugby fans slating football.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 22:31:05 »

Barf and England for me. Batter em  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: