Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town  (Read 43892 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 18:47:23 »

Some reasoned posts in here - we are well placed and if we navigate the transfer deadline then the title is there for the taking.

I do hope that was not Andy Williams' last match in a Swindon shirt...I fear a left field departure ala L.Thompson to Norwich albeit he returned on loan.

Oh do kindly hush your mouth.

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 19:19:36 »

Oh well a blip on the way to the championship. I'm the most pessimistic fucker I know and I still think we'll do it. Not many sides will get anything at bramall lane to the end of the season. We can afford this defeat.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 19:32:25 »

We have a fantastic away record, but we cant win them all away. Its a shame we lost but Shef U are a decent team and by all accounts the result could of been different with the chances we had. I'd be worried if we didnt create anything and lost. WE've got 2 of our best players back for the next game and to date we are picking up 2 points a game which usually wins you the title!

Question is can Bristol/MK and us all keep up that pace and which one will be left with the playoffs. I hope MK sell Ali and he doesnt get loaned back, lets see what happens.

Big couple of months for us before the scary looking April where it seems most will be decided.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 20:07:29 »

Oddly I'm not that worried about April. I'm more worried about still being it it by then. We certainly have the talent to be.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 20:40:39 »

Just got back.  

One of those games today.  Too many players not quite at the races.  Didn't take advantage of being well on top of them for most of the first half.  Front men weren't a threat of any kind and midfield ponced about a bit too much.  

Abysmal referee (supported by one of the most inept linesmen I can ever remember seeing).  That said, the Blades should have had a penalty in the first half (Toffalo's handball WAS in the box) and N Thompson might have got a red card instead of the yellow on another day.  

Good turn out by Town fans.

That's five defeats from five visits to Bramall Lane for me but I still like the place.  It's a proper football ground.

And can we now burn that fucking cerise third shirt and find something else, please?

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 20:44:59 »

To lob in my thoughts...

Firstly, the stuff we can control.  We started the match like we were the home team, applying pressure, but sadly creating few chances.  We needed to turn that possession and pressure in to goals.  I said at the time that it could come back to bite us in arse, and I'm sure I wasn't alone in that.  We did try to play football today, but I think that the lack of Mass and Yass finally caught up with us.  Of course it's hard to play football when the opposition are intent on fouling constantly.

Opposition fouling is something we can't control.  We are better than most (all?) the teams we play, so they try to hassle our young squad and disrupt our rhythm.  However, it is presumably fair to expect the referee to apply the law and sort this out, but he was a clown of the worst kind.  How their fat 21 wasn't sent off is a mystery.  He should have received a second yellow, instead got a very firm talking too...and then fouled again...a second yellow this time?  No!  And to prove that even Sheff U thought he should have been sent off, they subbed him.  Late tackles form them, no booking, but a tiny little tug of an arm from Swift and he gets booked.  A truly appalling performance from the ref.

A bloody frustrating day, but if you offered me a defeat today, and our squad remains intact after Monday, I'd have taken it.  So fingers crossed for a quiet couple of days.

PS The ref was a colossal bellend.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 22:30:09 »

So it's all the refs fault

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 22:34:53 »

To lob in my thoughts...

Firstly, the stuff we can control.  We started the match like we were the home team, applying pressure, but sadly creating few chances.  We needed to turn that possession and pressure in to goals.  I said at the time that it could come back to bite us in arse, and I'm sure I wasn't alone in that.  We did try to play football today, but I think that the lack of Mass and Yass finally caught up with us.  Of course it's hard to play football when the opposition are intent on fouling constantly.

Opposition fouling is something we can't control.  We are better than most (all?) the teams we play, so they try to hassle our young squad and disrupt our rhythm.  However, it is presumably fair to expect the referee to apply the law and sort this out, but he was a clown of the worst kind.  How their fat 21 wasn't sent off is a mystery.  He should have received a second yellow, instead got a very firm talking too...and then fouled again...a second yellow this time?  No!  And to prove that even Sheff U thought he should have been sent off, they subbed him.  Late tackles form them, no booking, but a tiny little tug of an arm from Swift and he gets booked.  A truly appalling performance from the ref.

A bloody frustrating day, but if you offered me a defeat today, and our squad remains intact after Monday, I'd have taken it.  So fingers crossed for a quiet couple of days.

PS The ref was a colossal bellend.

Summed up perfectly.
Dirty bastards they were, ref bottled it against the home crowd.
Could have been worse if Tommo would have been sent off.
That fat piece of shit should have got a red, an absolute disgrace and lucky he was substituted first half.
They were nothing special. Needed to have a few more efforts on goal with all that possession.
Still well optimistic if we keep this team together and hopefully our internationals Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 23:15:27 »

Ref was shit for both sides and missed a penalty for each...cannot blame him for defeat.

Too much tip tap back and forth instead of tip tap tip...bang.

Just didn't do enough to score....hit the bar, miskick in front of goal and didn't cross enough until they went a goal down and by then Blades were happy to do a Doncaster and just pack out midfield and defence and stifle...job done... Hit us on the break and 2:0.

We didn't play badly and a million miles better than last years embarrasment but just not enough.

Too many bad decisions made at vital moments and Swift should of gone off on about 70 minutes.

A bit frustrating but on we go.....we were never going to win them all.

Nice finish from Murphy for the first goal.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 23:18:25 »

Arse. You could see it was a pen from here.

That was a pen. All day long.

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 23:29:05 »

No, as I said we needed to take our chances, but they should have been down to ten men in the first half... Very different game if the ref actually does his job properly.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 23:50:42 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 23:42:35 »

Or you could try actually reading the posts?!
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 23:59:56 »

As painful as the result is, when we kick off in Aug for our first foray into the championship for many years, today's result won't even register.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 07:35:23 by Red and Proud » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 00:16:23 »

May have been mentioned, but Nathan Thompson's tweet to Scott Murray is ace.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 00:19:29 »

May have been mentioned, but Nathan Thompson's tweet to Scott Murray is ace.

Please link it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: