Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friday Quiz 06022015  (Read 4997 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:19:22 »

What about ET?

Could be....

Process of deduction for the business manager 16......seagull manager...they fly in dump shit and fly out, having made a lot of noise.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:51:06 »

11. is Dalek.......but I had a little help in getting it.  

16.  I would try 'pigeon manager' ....for a similar logic that Reg gave.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:54:52 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:54:24 »

Nobody seems to have tried 14. What about oiligarchy? And if it doesn't exist, I'm trademarking it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 16:02:38 »

11. is Dalek.......but I had a little help in getting it.  

16.  I would try 'pigeon manager' ....for a similar logic that Reg gave.

Thought about dalek.....but dismissed it on the basis of it not being a life form, rather a machine.   Having said that, I remember seeing Roy Castle, open one up on the screen of what is now the Saveloy, with Peter Cushing as the Doctor and there was a sort of blob inside.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 16:04:26 »

I now have the answers.

Let me know if you want them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 16:18:46 »

I now have the answers.

Let me know if you want them.

Stick em up...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 16:24:07 »

1.   New ‘business-class’ only flights are to return in April.  Between which two airports?  Luton and Newark (USA – not Notts)   
2.   Which commuter town has been the most popular destination for Londoners moving out of the city over the last year?  Thurrock, Essex 
3.   Bought by Apple in 2014, which US manufacturer of audio products such as headphones was co-founded by rapper Dr Dre?  Beats             
4.   Which country is this?    Guatemala

5.   Guinness describes its beer as a dark shade of which red colour?  Ruby                                                                       
6.   In Bolivia, the women of the Quecha people have worn which style of hat ever since the 1920s, when British railway workers introduced them there?  Bowler hats 
7.   Which place in Ireland has become a leading centre of pilgrimage since the 1870s, when an apparition of the Virgin Mary was sighted at the parish church?  Knock 
8.   What is, the first of the two animals used by super-efficient typists to ensure that all the letters of the alphabet are functioning correctly on a typewriter?  Fox     
9.   What  links these two pictures?       Types of road.  (The Streets / Bishop Libby Lane)

10.   Name the film.     28 Days Later
11.   Which alien life form took its name from a single volume of a run of encyclopaedias?  Dalek  (from the volume that ran DAL – LEK) 
12.   Which international hockey goalkeeper later became England’s cricket captain?  Rachel Heyhoe-Flint   
13.   What make of car is this?    Proton
14.   What name (in English) has been given to the vicious battle between oligarchs for control of natural resources in 20th- and early-21st-century Russia?  Aluminium Wars 
15.   In chemistry, which scientific unit is used to measure large quantities of very small entities such as atoms and molecules?    Moles
16.   In business jargon, what kind of manager is said to fly in, make a lot of noise, dump on everyone, and then fly out?  Seagull Manager
17.   Who is this?     Just William / William Brown

18.   Joe was weighing five pigs, each of a different weight.  He wighed the pigs in pairs,  in every combination.  He wrote down the total weights:  80, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 90 and 91 pounds.  How much did each pig weigh?  39, 41, 43, 44, 47 lbs

19.   What connection links these pictures:   Dads Army characters (Frazer; Wilson; Pike; Jones; Walker)

20.   Unscramble the two connected words  :  A A B I M N O P T U  OBAMA & PUTIN

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 16:39:26 »

5. Did someone say ruby? I thought it but didn't write it.  Roll Eyes
14. I prefer my suggestion.  Angry
16. Reg, impromptu business guru.  Smiley

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: