Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Officially better than Oxford Utd  (Read 2835 times)
Humanpunk

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:02:41 »

The Stats don't lie...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:30:06 »

Oh but they do....quite accurately, they list Leeds City, the original Elland Road club, and its successor Leeds United who took over at season's end when City folded. Similarly Aldershot Town, who took over at The Rec, when Aldershot folded, likewise Newport County.

However, it should list the record of Bristol City as separate to the phoenix club Bristol City 1982 Ltd, which took over at Ashton Gate when it folded.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 12:27:10 »

Officially better than the Pox yes but officially worse than non league Grimsby Town & Lincoln City.  Hmmm

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 12:38:21 »

Officially better than the Pox yes but officially worse than non league Grimsby Town & Lincoln City.  Hmmm

Grimsby had a spell in div 1 in the 30's (I think) and have spent a good number of seasons in div2 compared to us. Lincoln confuses me though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 12:49:33 »

Grimsby had a spell in div 1 in the 30's (I think) and have spent a good number of seasons in div2 compared to us. Lincoln confuses me though.

Lincoln expose one of the problems with such lists....not taking account of the old Southern League.  Lincoln were elected into FL Div 2 in 1893, and stayed there until 1920.  Whereas STFC as a generally strong Southern League team, were doubtless better. As regular FA Cup wins v Div 1 FL sides showed.....so in that era, Town beat Sheff U, Burnley, Man C, Notts County, Arsenal, Everton, Huddersfield, ManUre.  Tottenham went west as well having just switched from SL to FL in 1909.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 14:15:08 »

We're just better than Poxford there needs to be no 'any officially' about it... Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 21:28:28 »

We're just better than Poxford there needs to be no 'any officially' about it... Smiley
Ala Headington/Thames valley royals.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 21:31:04 by Mother Brown » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: