Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Religious stuff  (Read 16357 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:08:19 »

Sorry.  Was a bit preachy, wasn't it.  Didn't mean to be.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:12:11 »

Sorry.  Was a bit preachy, wasn't it.  Didn't mean to be.

It's a debate, you tool. You're supposed to say what you think. If nobody said what they think then we had might as well just close the thread now.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:16:25 »

I was joking as you thanked me for lecturing you recently, ardiles.

You say what you like. All good innit
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:22:07 »

Cheesy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:55:13 »

A lot of people believe in astrology. Is it wrong to say that that's ridiculous?

Not at all. It is ridiculous. It's stupid. It has absolutely no substance whatsoever.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:05:01 »

The one thing that is getting to me at the moment is the fact that many atheists seems to be becoming more obsessed by proving religion doesn't exist than religious types are - I do wonder whether through the natural development of such mantras we will see further direct action by atheists in 100 years times to prove their point.

I am not religious, if I had to describe myself I would say I am agnostic for the simple fact that I have never given it much thought, frankly I have more important things to think about - however Mrs Horlock is catholic (believing but non practicing).

We have friends who are fiercely atheist and its often all they seem to be obsessed by, for instance me and the wife never ever talk about religion, however whenever we are with friends it always comes up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:05:16 »

Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:14:06 »

I'm Libran.
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:20:37 »

The one thing that is getting to me at the moment is the fact that many atheists seems to be becoming more obsessed by proving religion doesn't exist than religious types are

There's no doubt that religion exists.  (I'm atheist)

there;s a difference between 'religion' and 'belief in a deity'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:23:13 »

The one thing that is getting to me at the moment is the fact that many atheists seems to be becoming more obsessed by proving religion doesn't exist than religious types are - I do wonder whether through the natural development of such mantras we will see further direct action by atheists in 100 years times to prove their point.

I am not religious, if I had to describe myself I would say I am agnostic for the simple fact that I have never given it much thought, frankly I have more important things to think about - however Mrs Horlock is catholic (believing but non practicing).

We have friends who are fiercely atheist and its often all they seem to be obsessed by, for instance me and the wife never ever talk about religion, however whenever we are with friends it always comes up.

I wasn't going to contribute to this thread as these debates never end in sunshine and rainbows, but that pretty much reflects my views exactly (although the mrs is CoE).

Live and let live. If anyone is trying to inflict their views on someone else then deal with them using the law.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:26:39 »

I'm a firm believer in evidence. Haven't seen any to date.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:30:50 »

Fully agree with this. I have a friend who's wife is unfortunately seriously ill, terminal. Their faith has been a great help and I see no harm in this at all.

Many atheists seem to enjoy in being almost militant in their opposition to religion and I don't think that's on.

Extremism in any walk of life isn't good, but I see no problem in people living a religious life if that's what they choose.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:32:38 »

Slightly different slant on the debate I know, but I think the current Pope is a bit of a breath of fresh air.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:40:28 »

Fully agree with this. I have a friend who's wife is unfortunately seriously ill, terminal. Their faith has been a great help and I see no harm in this at all.

Many atheists seem to enjoy in being almost militant in their opposition to religion and I don't think that's on.

Extremism in any walk of life isn't good, but I see no problem in people living a religious life if that's what they choose.

People should not force their beliefs on anyone, whether they are religious or not. I don't care what people believe in, until that belief starts to spiral into the type of problems we see today.
spacey

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 22:18:03 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: