Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244475 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 14:16:55 »

Gi
In mid-October / early November, we had a similar spell, with 5 points from 5 games. Relegation form, as you would no doubt have hastened to point out.

We followed that up with 9 wins and a draw from the following 11, probably because we're a reasonably good team.

I'm sure fucking Gillingham think it would be lovely to catch us, but even your selective tunnel vision should recognise that this isn't very likely.

And if from here we were to completely implode and be scrapping for 6th place on May 2nd, we might just as well miss out altogether anyway.

Wow give a dog a bad name. Where did Reg say He thought the heather gatherers would catch us?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 14:23:49 »

And if from here we were to completely implode and be scrapping for 6th place on May 2nd, we might just as well miss out altogether anyway.

I disagree, we can beat anyone on our day. I'd rather try and fail, than not to try at all.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 14:42:00 »

Interestingly less than 4% of this vote on this site thought we would be automatically promoted before the season started.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=54671.0;viewResults

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:22:30 »

I saw the goals from Crawley's 5-1 win against Barnsley and I think all 5 came from absolute gifts from a woeful Barnsley side. Make no bones about it, Crawley are not very good and if we don't beat them i'll be mightily irritated.

Our defence has a habit of gifting goals to teams, so this worries me!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:37:49 »

Some things are for sure....it's very difficult to get auto out of this league, and our lads have so far this season done themselves and the club proud, pretty much to a man.

I've seen 3 autos out of this league and the dramatis personae contains most but not all of our greats...some of them like Owen Dawson, John Trollope, Don Rogers and Roger Smart twice.

This is the sort of scale of achievement, we're hoping for....in other words a very hard ask.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 15:53:00 »

I disagree, we can beat anyone on our day. I'd rather try and fail, than not to try at all.

Do, or do not.  There is no try.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 16:26:44 »

Some things are for sure....it's very difficult to get auto out of this league, and our lads have so far this season done themselves and the club proud, pretty much to a man.

I've seen 3 autos out of this league and the dramatis personae contains most but not all of our greats...some of them like Owen Dawson, John Trollope, Don Rogers and Roger Smart twice.

This is the sort of scale of achievement, we're hoping for....in other words a very hard ask.

They wouldn't get anywhere near our side these days Reginald
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 16:29:02 »

You'd make a rubbish motivational speaker for a rugby team
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 16:42:55 »

His words mean nothing since after selling out to Vodafone, the green piece of snot.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 16:44:39 »

They wouldn't get anywhere near our side these days Reginald

Indeed, being about 70.
kerry red

« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 16:59:07 »

And we're better than the 95/96 team of McCunt - IMO
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 17:08:24 »

His words mean nothing since after selling out to Vodafone, the green piece of snot.

Starwars

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 17:43:33 »

And we're better than the 95/96 team of McCunt - IMO
The table would disagree with you on that, after 30 games we were 3 points clear at the top of the division on 63 points with 3 games in hand over the 2nd place team.

Only 3 defeats after the same amount of games compared to our current 7 defeats.

Yes we are probably playing better football but results and the table don't lie over a season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 19:03:29 »

Walking in a Finney wonderland.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 19:51:13 »

The table would disagree with you on that, after 30 games we were 3 points clear at the top of the division on 63 points with 3 games in hand over the 2nd place team.

Only 3 defeats after the same amount of games compared to our current 7 defeats.

Yes we are probably playing better football but results and the table don't lie over a season.
How many factors would you like to ignore, or account for, before you draw your conclusion?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: